A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Edison was a jerk!?!

tenor

14 Likes

Yeah, hereā€™s more on how it was presented in the Edison Catalogā€¦quelle surprise:

6 Likes

Edison was an ASSHOLE.

12 Likes

And Nikola Tesla deserved far better than to have an asshole name his overpriced car company after him.

19 Likes
13 Likes
11 Likes
13 Likes

Crossposted from Today in Transphobia, because this is bad news for all young women.

15 Likes

Because poor women should just die, already, from treatable cancer. Texas, your comeuppance from demographic shifts canā€™t come soon enough.

12 Likes
10 Likes

14 Likes
12 Likes
19 Likes

Wow, I was so infuriated by that snippet that I read the whole opinion piece, and let me tell you, itā€™s just the tip of the iceberg.

Political correctness has put paid to any true honor an honorary doctorate may once have possessed. If you are ever looking for a simile to denote rarity, try ā€œrarer than a contemporary university honorary-degree list not containing an African-American woman.ā€

I meanā€¦

14 Likes

A wise man once said that no one should call himself ā€œDr.ā€ unless he has delivered a child

Holy shit thereā€™s at least four layers of misogyny in that one sentence alone.

19 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I guess I canā€™t use that title either, since I donā€™t deliver babies. My sister the vet would be banned, let alone my brother the Ph.D. There are so many punchable things in this short statement. Referring to the first lady elect as ā€œkiddoā€ is not even the first, but demands its own level of assholery. Obviously, world class jerk. Best abandoned on a small island without wifi.

20 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t even know where to start with that statement. I keep going to, ā€œbut she has delivered a baby. She even grew it in her own body.ā€ :woman_shrugging:t2:
But to even allow it any foothold is so ridiculous.
And he seemingly had no problem with her using the title for 8 years as the 2nd ladyā€¦?

Aww, snap, I didnā€™t even notice the ā€œhimselfā€ until rereading it just now. Gah!

17 Likes

I wonder if thereā€™s something about being named ā€œJ. Epsteinā€ that dooms a person to become human garbage.

https://twitter.com/LAM_Barrett/status/1337799601760460802

17 Likes

(aimed at the author of the pile of shit, not you, of course)

As someone with a phd, I sayā€¦

tumblr_o52h00WeR31tlb56zo1_500

Itā€™s a layer cake of shit.

Or burnableā€¦

dany-dracyrs-mf

20 Likes

the most infuriating thing to me is that epstein goes to all that trouble to completely dump on holders of honorary degrees while jill biden holds a ph.d. she wrote and defended a dissertation to earn. wtaf?

18 Likes