A thread of our own- misogyny

Ugh, more of that annoying bs about “women drivers”!

12 Likes

men feminism GIF by Njorg

13 Likes

16 Likes

Right? When everyone knows, if a woman had been at the helm, she would’ve stopped to ask directions…/s

11 Likes

Watching Jessica Darling’s It List on Netflix.

6-year-old: Can we watch something else?
Me: Of course.
6yo: That show was racist against girls.
Me: [momentarily confused sound]
6yo: Everyone was telling that girl what to wear and how to look.
Me: When people discriminate against girls there’s another word for it. We don’t call it racism against girls, we call it sexism.
6yo:

whoa

17 Likes

Here we go again

16 Likes

Welp, that settles it.

Gluts.

10 Likes

The missus got a warning when she had her vaccine and was told to wait 6 weeks. She just had her test right around the 6 week mark, and turned out she had a swollen node.

Of course when the radiologist calls they say “we need you to come in for a follow up on Monday” which is always a nice call to get on a Friday evening.

13 Likes

How would the world look for women if some of these came true?

17 Likes
10 Likes
24 Likes

Ain’t it the truth:

16 Likes
14 Likes

I much preferred the shaming huts of old. /s

11 Likes

Surprising no one:

Representative quote:

The authors of the Contraception paper stressed to Salon that it’s not as simple as women dying because they wanted an abortion and couldn’t get one, though there is strong evidence that women in this situation suffer worse health outcomes than women who are able to abort unwanted pregnancies. It’s also likely that, as the paper explains, “states that restrict abortion may have broader hostility towards women’s health.”

Some good links to follow, too.

23 Likes

No Way What GIF

20 Likes

Good interview/article:

11 Likes

And of course, as the Guerilla Girls have been telling us for a long time now, the art world hasn’t improved much since then. If at all.

19 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR JOKE WILL BE FEATURED IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF REPEATED LOUDER BY A MAN

So little that a woman says is deemed worth hearing, unless it gets said again by a man.

18 Likes
13 Likes