A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

The misogynoir continues…

13 Likes

Oh, FFS:

11 Likes

I’m facepalming so hard over each of your last two posts in this thread.

11 Likes

But how will the white girls compete if they just let her be the GOAT? (This is one reason I despise judged athletic events. Remember Surya Bonaly’s backflip? Disallowed because “it was impossible to land.” She did it, she landed it, she was, of course, punished for it.)

13 Likes

While I definitely found the comparison to Phelps very good for ponting out the differences in how men and women are treated, I think the BS point about dangerous moves could be also countered by pointing out that in diving, trying something very difficult (and dangerous when you’re many meters above the water) means you get a higher score when you get it right, period.

2 Likes

That’s the first incident I thought about. I always thought she was judged more harshly because of her skin color.

6 Likes

Coming as a surprise to nearly no one on this thread… but I did find that 30% number to be mildly gratifying wrt total population in the U.S. No wonder they are all jumpy and defensive, trying extra hard (47 states, 361 bills, at last count) to consolidate their hold on power.

13 Likes

You say that as if you don’t realize that white men are the REAL victims.

/s

10 Likes

Is this why they keep screaming victim via “white genocide”?

I find it difficult to unpack that ridiculous term. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo much projection gets in the way.

8 Likes

That part.

20 Likes

I used to watch the TV show Rogue, and part of the reason was that the undercover unit was female-led. This situation highlights how abusive cops can be, and that they don’t accept or protect those they consider to be “others” or prey:

11 Likes

Holy shit! I knew it was bad, but:

Data from the National Center for Women and Policing shows that domestic violence is “two to four times more common” in police families than in U.S. families more generally.

And this:

an internal investigation he ordered several months ago concluded that no policies or laws were violated at the undercover parties.

To me, indicates that our policies and laws are, then, deeply flawed, because this behavior should have violated something besides the female officers. F–k.

13 Likes

Culture of fear and shame has consequences.

15 Likes

21 Likes

5 Likes

Odds are not good that this individual correctly identified any anatomical features he’s pointing randomly at.

13 Likes

(continued at link)

13 Likes

I thank Aubrey for going down that rabbit hole for us, and explaining why we’ve seen an increase of mass shootings by these pathetic people.

(Ugh. Need Unicorn Chasers, stat!)

11 Likes

No idea where this fits in, so I’m putting it here. It’s about mainly one Orthodox woman running for office, but also touches on another one from before who ran into the same obstacles and how she handled them.

13 Likes

The doctor fat-shamed her and wrote a ‘joke’ prescription for a UTI, which the pharmacist caught as being completely wrong, so she went back and his ‘apology’ was to tell her she didn’t understand his humor and now she was no longer welcome at his medical practice. Fortunately she found a better doctor, who understood the importance of running tests, and discovered that she had Stage 3A cancer. Just in time to still be able to treat it, fortunately.

19 Likes