A Twitter worker didn't know if he still worked there. He finally got an answer from Elon Musk on Twitter: "šŸ¤£šŸ¤£"

I think EMā€™s trying to be the first person to be the worldā€™s richest person and the worldā€™s poorest person.

24 Likes

I see that OP has taken and fortified the moral high-ground before ever opening his mouth. Certainly, a helluva time to pick a fight, and with one of the richest people in the world when everyoneā€™s sick of him? :clap:

1 Like

My favourite part:

But like you I made a bet on Twitter having a lot more potential than it has had.

I joined at a time when the company was growing fast. You kind of did the opposite.

There was a lot going on. The company had a fair amount of issues, but then again, most bigger companies do.

Or even small companies, like Twitter today.

34 Likes

So many good bits. Itā€™ll be interesting to see Elnoā€™s response - if he even dares, I suspect itā€™ll just be Musk deflecting by saying something irrelevant and being even more of an asshole.

11 Likes

Has he ever done anything beside that?

13 Likes

I wish I could be this sassy in my second/third/ā€¦ language. I suspect Halli will have plenty of companies lining up to employ him.

And what a top guy for sharing his luck with the people of Iceland - the idea of society seems entirely alien to Space Karen.

11 Likes

Sounds like it wasnā€™t really about keeping a regular job for him (by his own account he doesnā€™t expect to be physically capable of doing any kind of full-time work much longer) so much as getting the compensation (and respect) he is owed from the people who bought his company and agreed to certain conditions as part of the bargain.

20 Likes

Heā€™s said explicitly that selling up to Twitter was his retirement plan.

The Iceland-based entrepreneur had sold his company, Ueno, a creative design agency, to Twitter in early 2021 - after founding the firm in Reykjavik in 2014.

As part of the acquisition he became a full-time employee at Twitter.

ā€œI decided to sell for a few reasons but one of them is that I have muscular dystrophy and my body is slowly but surely failing me,ā€ he told the BBC.

ā€œI have a few good work years left in me so this was a way to wrap up my company, and set up myself and my family for years when I wonā€™t be able to do as much.ā€

17 Likes

This is getting a major workout in that thread:

8 Likes

Not that I can think of, which is why itā€™s a pretty safe bet.

6 Likes

Does Musk think of his performances as real work?

6 Likes

For a tech grifter like Elon Musk or Elizabeth Holmes, playing the role of the visionary genius is the job.

11 Likes

Iā€™d bet there is an employment law in California that stipulates informal communications (like Twitter) are insufficient to provide notice of layoff or termination. So until they formally notify him, Twitter might be on the hook for back pay mandated by the state.

18 Likes

And now Iā€™ve gotten to the initial interaction, where Halli asks if heā€™s been fired, Musk then publicly grills him about what work heā€™s been doing, and then when someone questions what Musk is doing, then Musk dismisses Halli as someone who got fired because he was claiming to be disabled. It really does just keep getting worse the further in I get. Musk obviously knew who Halli was, but decided to publicly humiliate him to try to justify why he let him go (although also presumably it was ultimately to justify not paying him any previously agreed-upon severance fees). What. an. absolute. piece. of. shit.

16 Likes

ā€¦ as the CEO of several different companies he must be ā€œworkingā€ hundreds of hours per week :thinking:

11 Likes

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

9 Likes

Using knowledge gained in the Odd Stuff thread, I think I can confidently say that the kids call what Elon does all day ā€œbubblingā€

8 Likes

Sue that fucker until heā€™s dead.

13 Likes

Iā€™m not googling that.

ā€¦And then keep going. :+1:

13 Likes

Yup. A competent person wouldā€™ve replied with. ā€œThatā€™s odd. Let me loop in HR and theyā€™ll sort this out.ā€ But Musk canā€™t resist an opportunity to be a shit to someone.

17 Likes