Actor Andy Dick receives jail sentence for groping an Uber driver, must register as a sex offender

I know, that number hit me in a similar way as the realization that the UK now has a Prime Minister who was born in the 1980s.

13 Likes

David Foley can’t come back to Canada. If he tries, he’ll be arrested for unpaid child support.

ETA: See replies; I was way out of date on this.

3 Likes

There are some actors or other such famous folks where allegations of sexual misconduct come as a surprise to me. Andy Dick is not in that group.

8 Likes

Edited because that criticism is apparently out of date.

I ought to know better; looking everything up for myself before replying.

8 Likes

Apparently he was able to make enough money to settle that case back in 2013, so the world need no longer fear that Flick from A Bug’s Life will be arrested crossing the border.

10 Likes

Oh, well that’s something at least. I didn’t know that. Still pretty gross it got to that point, though.

5 Likes

comedian and actor

I was going to make a joke about him basically being unemployed but somehow the dude gets a constant stream of work. He has to have the best agent in Hollywood.

2 Likes

His side of the story was that his child support payments were based on how much money he was making at the peak of NewsRadio, so after the show was canceled it was many years before he made enough money to catch up again. So a plausible-sounding explanation anyway.

9 Likes

More recently, he played a Space Warlock in Bee and Puppycat…

5 Likes

Yeah, sounds, as you say, plausible. I’m grateful. Foley and Kids in the Hall were a big thing for me, and I loved News Radio. It’s nice to know not everything is entirely terrible.

we-are-all-sausages

7 Likes

I don’t know what you mean. He is an ageless being.

3 Likes

Last I’d heard Dave Foley’s career was tanked in the late 00s because he was delinquent on child support payments (and because Canada had locked in his child support rate at the height of his career, and would not adjust it when his earnings grew smaller, condemning him to inescapable debt). Due to the complications of his child support situation he also couldn’t actually return to Canada to see his family, because he was delinquent on those payments.

So, depending on how credulous you feel, he’s either a deadbeat dad, or a victim of a shitty legal situation - either way it’s a other reason for News radio to be depressing to watch.

EDIT: And NOW BBS loads the rest of the convo and I see this has all been covered.

2 Likes

I’m just guessing that you didn’t read the whole thread before responding to me:

:musical_note: Blame it on the tech; yeah, yeah…

5 Likes

And the slimy guy he played in Get Out

He played a blind man in Get Out, and in O Brother, and I just thought he was a blind actor. It was only later that I saw Dodgeball, and I didn’t recognize him from Office Space.

10 Likes

He sure did!

Case in point.

I’m finally just now watching the Ballad of Buster Scruggs:

He’s in that too.

13 Likes

In the mid 1990s I saw a theater production that starred Stephen Root and Howard Hesseman (aka Dr. Johnny Fever). I’ve been trying for years to remember the name of the play but I only remember that there was a full-size, functional swimming pool on stage as part of the set. He’s a great talent.

6 Likes

Seems like that plus location plus year would be enough for a google search…

Indeed, he is.

Notice that I have way more to say about Root than I do his predatory former co-worker…

6 Likes

Even with the name change, he’s still a dick.

4 Likes

I just wasted, well, not wasted, an hour on YouTube watching Dave Foley on The Kids In The Hall.

Towards the end I ran across this video.

Oh, I crush your head.

3 Likes

Could anyone like that be recycled into something useful to society? Throwing garbage back out on the street over and over again doesn’t seem to be working.

3 Likes