After industry adopts open video standards, MPEG founder says the end is nigh

I can absolutely guarantee you that pro media shops do not have unlimited IT budgets, because if they did, I would be a lot more wealthy than I am. :wink:

Also remember that those pro media shops make all the stuff everyone watches all day long, so their ability to streamline workflows does have downstream ramifications.

2 Likes

h.265 4k already pegs my computer’s cores. Granted, it’s a generation behind Skylake.

Fair enough - I was thinking of outfits like Weta Digital, or Pixar, who really do have unlimited IT budgets.

But that aside, it’s still a much smaller user community than “everyone on earth”

1 Like

I work with some of the biggest media companies on the planet. Again, they do NOT have unlimited IT budgets! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok. Well, several years ago I assisted with outsourcing some services to Weta. Obviously their budget wasn’t literally unlimited, and they usually negotiated like Olympic champions, but if they really wanted or needed something … they got it. Yesterday. And we’ll talk about the price tomorrow.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.