Amazon eliminating monthly bonuses & stock awards to help pay new raises for warehouse workers

Equality is not losing… a worker making $19/hr that goes to $20/hr is getting a 5% increase. If the national average is 2.9% (yes, there’s a lot in that), then they should look at that comparison too.

I feel like posting the obvious every time an article like this comes up: if a company is posting record multi-millions/billions in profit, either they’re not paying their workers enough, or they’re overcharging their customers. Or both.

Admittedly, I don’t own a business or stock, so I’m a little biased.

1 Like

If a business pays lip service to the idea there’s value in something (which Amazon has for years) then it should also pay in cash. This is essentially them saying it was BS all along.

1 Like

1 Like

The very moment I heard about the “raises” I wondered what was being cut.

“And it’s still not clear if the raise policy applies to contractors. The new $15 pay minimum will apply to temps; it’s not clear whether that covers contractors and subcontractors.”

If it isn’t clear by now, the answer is no.

Also, expect more contracting, subcontracting, sub-subcontracting in the future.

?

(its the other shoe…s dropping)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.