Amazon killed Seattle's homelessness-relief tax by threatening not to move into a massive new building, then they canceled the move anyway

Lol I’ve had this same conversation with about 100 people here in Seattle. The hubris of these jackals has got to stop. Life is not about capitalism, capitalism is supposed to support self-determinism, not corporatoindetermism.

6 Likes

Try and get a jackal to not eat starving baby rabbits.

3 Likes

Amazon is your friend.

2 Likes

I have to keep remembering that! My mind must be going.

2 Likes

Holy shit! That thing looks like it’s going to fall over any second!

Amazon fails to deliver? How shocking!

3 Likes

True, but Amazon walked away from that beauty contest with detailed and often confidential information on all of the contestant cities – including how far they’re willing to bend over on giving tax breaks for these bait-and-switch boondoggles.

9 Likes

I suppose it’s too much to ask that cities learn from these fishing expeditions NOT to offer everything but the kitchen sink to companies that promise to move in and bring scads of jobs, if only you’ll guarantee rock-bottom taxes and other kickbacks…

9 Likes

Came here to say this. Amazon being a dick is a great narrative, and is true in so, so many cases, but the head tax had problems that had nothing to do with Amazon.

1 Like

O hey look here what’s this

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.