Welcome to Boing Boing.

8 Likes

buffy-giles-inappropriate-laugh

7 Likes

giphy%20(55)

8 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

That shit needs to be overwhelmed before it can be rectified.

i mean … baby boomers and rich gen-x-ers don’t want to lose to the market correction that is coming either economically or polemically.

they bought two out of three of the checks and balances and are closing in on the third.

halt-catch-cameron-what-talking

You mean both of them?

7 Likes

Sure, people should vote. But I was talking based on the bleak assumption that America’s turn to fascism is already past the point where “normal” politics can stop it. The only way for history to not record that America was a fascist state in 2021 or 2025, is for something abnormal to happen between now and then.

If that doesn’t happen – if people merely keep voting Democrat or Republican every two years – then by definition fascism will be encompassed within what is “normal”. It won’t go away until there is an event which everyone can agree marks the end of this chapter. Impeachment might be enough, thought I doubt it. If Turmp winds up on the fairly long list of assassinated US presidents, that could go either way. There could be an actual revolution of some description, though even in the best-case scenario that would have bad consequences.

What we all still hope for is that things could start getting better without getting worse first; but if I’m honest, I find it hard to believe that will be possible.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.