As Lake Tahoe dries up, it leaves a smelly, muddy mess

The author said Regan beach, and South Lake Tahoe.

6 Likes

Interesting that these gentleposters are coming here to complain rather than… you know source which is the SF Gate… But once again, people tr0lling fail to understand that BB is not a news outlet, but a culture and technology blog, which is not the same thing at all.

14 Likes

I don’t know if you’re aware, but it isn’t 1970. The waterfront in Cleveland is lovely.

4 Likes

And fish, insects, birds, and mammals who depend on the ecosystem.

6 Likes

Damn don’t worry, your lake Tahoe time share is totally worth everything you’ve paid for it folks!

The news is that climate change sucks, and sadly that’s very true and very relevant.

11 Likes

It is good to know both the Lake Tahoe Tourism Board and Chamber of Commerce monitor BoingBoing and care enough about it to create accounts.

14 Likes

as a resident of Reno, i can say that (1) clarity and health of Lake Tahoe is always of utmost importance to everyone in the area. it’s our recreation area, too. the water is still very clear, and they are constantly brainstorming ways to keep it as clear as possible; (2) unfortunately we’re entering a La Niña year of a multi-year drought (again!), so it doesn’t look very good for a wet winter to replenish the lake, but it can happen, and everyone’s hopeful; and (3) everyone on the wastern side of the Sierra forgets that we down here in Reno rely on water from Tahoe for our water. we already have water restrictions, and i’m sure we’re going to have more this year. sucks, but here we are.

8 Likes

Perhaps all the anti-vaxx and anti-maskers could be relocated to the Salton Sea…

3 Likes

Girl Smile GIF

4 Likes

If I recall, the lake drains via a natural dam to the Truckee River

It doesn’t drain anymore, because it’s below the level where it can feed the Truckee River.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.