AT&T is responsible for 90% of far-right propaganda network One America News' revenue

But Ma Bell’s got Ill Communication, too

3 Likes

I’ve been with them since my first pager when my wife was pregnant in 1984, got a bag phone in the early 90s followed by a Motorola StarTAC. I have 5 phones for my business with them and because of my close proximity to Canada they are the only company that I can get decent service from and the price ain’t bad compared to others.

Maybe I’ll shop or maybe I’ll look the other way until all the information comes out. Hopefully it’s not as bad as Reuters says it is. I do know I hate change and one of the phones is for my 80+ year old mom so I have to be sure changing carriers doesn’t upset the applecart.

1 Like

um, yeah…SWITCHING!

2 Likes

Wow, that was was more thoroughly researched and cited than anything that’s ever been on OAN (I assume). Kudos.

2 Likes

Strong coffee was had this AM. :+1:

4 Likes

I suggest that those executives build a glider with that kind of “balance” between left and right wings, and then fly it off a tall cliff.

3 Likes

Just like every right-wing operation, it’s a grift. A handful of insider are skimming at least half of that money before it ever even shows up on OANN’s books, I guarantee,

3 Likes

True, it shields them from legal and financial consequences, but these people need societal consequences. Some human signed the email authorizing this. That human should be ostracized and shamed.

3 Likes

But AT&T isn’t Steve Bannon. When a big corporation like that is involved (unless its the Trump Org), numerous people are involved, and certain niceties have to be observed. With that much money changing hands, the kickbacks wouldn’t be as obvious/vulgar as that.

Perhaps AT&T’s mindset was: "There's big money in controversy (look at Facebook and Fox News). If we fund a nascent alt-right outlet, righter and Foxier than Fox, we too can scoop up that sweet, sweet alt-right money. And we'll be double-dipping: both in outright ownership of OAN, and in the hosting fees for putting OAN on our DirecTV cable stream." At the same time, perhaps the CEO is a Trumper, so he feels like he’s “doing well by doing good.”

2 Likes

Let me gibe you a counter example: PPP

For some reason I always read OAN as ONAN.
Appropriate for a bunch of wankers.

5 Likes

Random flailing…

4 Likes

As Foghorn is setting up the trap, he sees the dog setting up the same trap to use against him. Both of them realize that Daffy has been playing them against each other (and enriching himself in the process).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.