Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 9 - Emergency Broadcast

another question on mission 5:

a warden with DEF 60 would never suffer any direct damage, and would only be at risk from dangerous salvage, right?

A question on mission 6 – why shouldn’t EVERYONE take mission 6? no damage, get paid, more information to deal with the next round?

Correct.

Although certainly an option, it would leave the ship with no prepared defenses and two mission options with overwhelmingly catastrophic odds against. It’s hard to say more without pulling back the curtain too far.

“Let me put it this way, sugarplum. Those skirmishers landing on the hull right now? Those are the weakest things things being thrown at us. We’re going to want to inflict maximum casualties now or we’re going to get real familiar with our own entrails later.”

Sounds like a problem for meat-sacks.

4 Likes

It seems wise to allocate our resources across all missions, with the biggest variable being what the acceptable friendly fire % will be, and how loaded with HP we can make the FF risk takers.

1 Like

TL;DR mission orders
M1 - increase defense for next round
M2 - maybe last chance for globs to do major upgrades to our suits and Coleridge, opportunity to be shot by friends in the back
M3 - reduce # of enemies next round, opportunity to shoot friends in the back
M4 - reduce # of enemies next round, opportunity to be shot by friends in the back
M5 - increase defense for next round
M6 - activate Coleridge enhancements for next round

They are all important, I will donate all my juice since I am near full HP and a likely candidate for M3.

With enough people on M2 and M6 who knows what our ancient mariner might become?

5 Likes

Well that certainly throws a wrench in things.

I appreciate you volunteering, but let’s all hold onto our globs until we sort out who needs patching the most. Those we can’t patch and won’t survive other missions, should take Mission 6.

I’m up for creating a death maze on Mission 1 ( I always wanted to set up a bear trap ) but I’ll need to use up a GOLD in order to survive if they breakthrough.

5 Likes

“Just look at how many of you are still alive! We should have a party!

CURRENT STATUS:      ACTIVE
    ORDER PROCESSING:    ONLINE
    SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 2017-03-19 19:00:00 -0400
    INCARNATION:         0xbfd87ff58eda58a5d1788f2ff0c7a6b7578da439

1 Like

An additional question has been received.

Q: Can two USE Commands be issued in the same round? Specifically Use a Gold and use a Green?

A: Yes. One GOLD and one GREEN effect may happen per player per round. So either:

USE GOLD
USE GREEN <item> <juice>

-or-

USE RED <item> <juice>

Would represent the maximum number of USE orders per round for a single player.

1 Like

If anyone wants one of my Green, get that order in…only one trade per round and first Juice cuts it loose. Not sure I’ll be around to fulfill orders in the future. 50Ʉ for my closest friends.

Looks like I need to get ready to be a Damage Sink. This should be fun. I’ve weighed the options and this pretty bit of Gold needs to ease my weary bones.

@Kassandra
USE GOLD
USE GREEN Rad_Shielding 98
BUY MagBoots
MISSION 5
MISSION 5
MISSION 5
MISSION 5

> iotrap.wisconsinplatt: 0x414c560ec76f7711c46caedd702d266b159398f2

“Roger that, wisconsinplatt! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ use gold
✔ use green rad_shielding 98
✖ buy magboots
   [ERR] magboots does not appear to be in stock this round. :(
✔ mission 5
✔ mission 5
✔ mission 5
✔ mission 5

Damn it Kassy, you know what I meant

@Kassandra
USE GOLD
USE GREEN Rad_Shielding 98
BUY Mag_Boots
MISSION 5
MISSION 5
MISSION 5
MISSION 5

2 Likes
  > iotrap.wisconsinplatt: 0xab20ddb36471ab89f3e0d09e03bebedf45c6851f

use gold
use green rad_shielding 98
buy magboots
mission 5
mission 5
mission 5
mission 5

“Roger that, wisconsinplatt - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ use gold
✔ use green rad_shielding 98
✔ buy mag_boots
✔ mission 5
✔ mission 5
✔ mission 5
✔ mission 5

I feel like I’m in a cycle. Fix the suit up, take it out, get it shot full of holes looking for something to patch it up with next time.

Why stop now? If I survive two runs, I’ll donate one salvage to the greater good.

@Kassandra
USE RED Swan_Wing 73
BUY Parabolic_Antenna
BUY Attitude_Jets
MISSION 2
MISSION 2
END

4 Likes
  > iotrap.daneel: 0x24b9852d27ffe2434d7311ea60c3a2199ebfb15b

“Roger that, daneel! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ use red swan_wing 73
✔ buy parabolic_antenna
✔ buy attitude_jets
✔ mission 2
✔ mission 2
1 Like

Does someone need a scholar?

@Kassandra
MISSION 6
END

I’m going to R&D the hell out of this situation!

4 Likes
  > iotrap.monkeyoh: 0x8051611b212adc764c50d1b29b7b34c6d7716c94

“Roger that, monkeyoh! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ mission 6
1 Like

Mission Analysis:

Grandpa says I’m not allowed to hit anybody unless they hit me first. So I think we should hit them back.

Really hard!

5 Likes

11 HP?! Can’t a human get a break? At least my art degree isn’t going to complete to waste, for once. About time somebody appreciated me around here. Maybe if I scrounge around under the cushions I could find another 3 juice boxes so I can buy another fluorometer and practically guarantee success on my mission. But who am I kidding, I’m going to fail anyway, like I always do.

I wanna go home
I don’t want to stay
give up education
as a bad mistake

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY Fluorometer
MISSION 6
END

3 Likes
  > iotrap.penguinchris: 0xc762b70a2d241c83132307a366ebd575287e40ed

“Roger that, penguinchris! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy fluorometer