Biden drops out of the race for President

Her post was tongue-in-cheek, but there’s a lot of truth here.

Black voters have been the single most important bloc for Democrats for a long time now. Black women especially.

It’s Black voters that cemented Biden the nomination in 2020, and it’ll be Black voters that keep Dems in power in 2025 if we can get our shit together as a Party.

It’s fitting that as usual, it’ll be a Black woman who has to shoulder this burden of saving the country yet again.

36 Likes

Those same republicans who were all “a vote for President Biden is a vote for President Harris” doom and gloom making it a self-fulfilling prophecy?

14 Likes

I wonder if Biden met with party elites and made a deal, including the proviso that Harris be the nominee. I sure fucking hope so.

21 Likes

Plus Bobby Kennedy getting murdered didn’t help things.

7 Likes

Never mind.

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

22 Likes

No worries, I got your excellent point immediately.

15 Likes

Artist: Patricia Kayden

37 Likes

Oh, for sure. Had he lived, I think we would have had a very different outcome. You started with an exciting candidate riding a wave of popularity, and ended up with Hubert fucking Humphrey.

10 Likes

Jen Psaki explained why Harris is the most obvious candidate, and easiest to slot in;

11 Likes

Moi8Rpr

18 Likes

So who is the boring safe straight white guy that is going to “Balance” the ticket as Harris’s VP going to be?

11 Likes

I might print the sexists and racists some stickers that say “I vote and I lie” with an awful pen stuck in (say,) a prune or freeze-dried kumquat for visuals though?

Aim for 90 reasonable candidates who can sing together and each advance green mining and semiconductor design in HBCU, settle for 83. Mine that D coming before R in the alphabet for the first 20 pages of the ballot representing the Democratic ticket?

12 Likes

I say let him serve out the term. Let Harris focus on campaigning and Biden do the administration. And, if shit hits the fan after election day, let Biden test the bounds of presidential immunity…

20 Likes

adventure-time-finn-happy

4 Likes

It will be Harris. And by all sensibilities she will destroy trump. And this situation scares the republicans more than any other. trump’s mental faculties have been failing him far faster than they were Biden and the media wouldn’t cover that obvious fact - as we all knew and hated.

(and i will live to see the first female U.S. president. that’ll send me through the crematorium with a smile [wink])

19 Likes

I hope Pete Buttigieg.

:wink:

22 Likes

Welp - I can’t say its the wrong move, just one that should have been down 7 months ago so they could have a full primary season.

I don’t know how exactly they go about it from here. I guess the DNC electors pick someone? Harris is fine. I think she would do a good job, but who ever it ends up being really really needs to sharpen their rhetoric and public speaking. It’s going to be a feeding frenzy.

I’d like to see someone like Buttigieg as VP. Not Newsom.

4 Likes

I would LOVE that, but alas…

8 Likes

Jibbers Crabst.

We know who we are up against. And we know what we have to do.

And we have to do it with the tools at hand, instead of wishing for the Christmas Faeries to bring us something magical that will do all the things.

Lucky for us the tool at hand is seasoned and ready. Doesn’t have to be vetted or trained. Will do the job, and will fight for what’s right.

I hope the Dems get behind Harris.

COME ON, KAMALA!

18 Likes

Would be ecstatic over a Harris-Buttigieg ticket.

17 Likes