Bitcoin hits record high, worth more than ounce of gold for first time

And by the by, computing power is not required in order to use Bitcoin. Seems a really odd thing to say, really.

You are not discussing in good faith. Bitcoin is literally controlled by the resolution of transactions provided by decrypting computation. Let BC dry out some more, ignore actual knowledge, use a finer grit, and you’ll polish this bullshit yet. Keep hangin’ in there. Be the kitten and blame the branch.

I’m quite aware of the mechanisms that keep Bitcoin running, thanks. But you seem to be suggesting (no, actually, you outright stated) that Bitcoin is only for the benefit of those with computing power. That’s just false.

I’m quite aware of the mechanisms that keep Bitcoin running, thanks.

Keep feeling on those feels and stay focused on that grail. Fuck the world, right? They don’t know you. They don’t know the love that dare not be forgotten.

That makes about as much sense as everything else you’ve said.

See, that’s where the bad faith comes in. You don’t think that, but you think saying it will get you points.

Points? Can I redeem those for Bitcoin?

1 Like

This makes no sense. How is this “fuck the world?” You’re not arguing in good faith here.

I know plenty of people who have gotten paid in bitcoin or used it to send money to people. They didn’t have server farms in order to do it.

Yknow, @andy_hilmer and @zieroh this would be a lot more interesting conversation if the two of you weren’t devolving in to personal insults and calling each other’s arguments “bullshit.” Debate the merits passionately and you may actually educate people reading this thread, or who knows, maybe even change each other’s perspective. But keep this pissing match up and all you’ll do (all you’ve done) is turn this thread in to a useless ego-fest that nobody wants to read, much less engage with.

8 Likes
1 Like

The server farms control resolution. If the governance of those machines is private or under the thumb of another country (PRC), we get right back to the fundamentally risky aspect of non-sovereign “currency.”

1 Like

Which isn’t actually responding in a meaningful way to what I said. I’m aware of the “greater than 50% of hashing” problem. So what?

So how exactly does that quote unquote “fuck the world?” Be specific.

1 Like

You forget to mention its deflationary nature. A very unhealthy trait for a “currency”. Even though many idiots affirm it’s a feature.

4 Likes

That’s a false equivalence, I think. When one side responds to a call for bitcoiners to learn more about money with doubling down and a complete lack of interest in discussing problems with bitcoin… there’s gonna be some snark.

1 Like

As @Schmorgluck mentioned, the deflation that will be pursued as policy by the holders of bitcoin investment (as opposed to those who rely on it for everyday transactions), that’s a direct line to governance. When the bank might or might not deal with you… in such a fundamentally opaque way as to invite routine fraud and “arbitrage for me but not for thee,” that points to the need for law and governance.

I mentioned price stability above, and got no takers, so… how specific should I get? Decent 300 level texts in micro- and macro- will cover it. This is not a class, though, it’s a discussion. The fact that academic knowledge is pooh-poohed in this discussion, as seems to always happen for bitcoiners, points to a cultural problem with bitcoiners, and I addressed that too.

:shrug:

2 Likes

Aight.

1 Like

So, uh, we should stage a…

Btcexit?

3 Likes

No need to?

The sovereignty problem is really the main reason why Brexit was not the clear-cut issue of racism vs. free trade. Not in economic terms anyway. That’s OT though.

My dry humor betrays me again.

I actively track exchanges, trading partners, mixers, and pools. A public ledger is public. And I made a silly rhyming joke, cause it sounded funny to me :upside_down_face::grinning::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Straw man.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.