By sheer dumb luck, an intersection where cyclists and cars can't see each other until seconds before they collide

That and they are not very stable.

3 Likes

Clarkson did admit that was deliberately set up to roll easily

TO JUDGE from the letters I get and the remarks in the street, it seems the most memorable thing I did on Top Gear was a short segment about the Reliant Robin. You may remember: I drove it around Sheffield and it kept falling over.

Well, now’s the time to come clean. A normal Reliant Robin will not roll unless a drunken rugby team is on hand. Or it’s windy. But in a headlong drive to amuse and entertain, I’d asked the backroom boys to play around with the differential so that the poor little thing rolled over every time I turned the steering wheel.

3 Likes

That was obvious, but single wheel front trikes are not as stable as two wheels in front like the 2 modern ones pictured.

2 Likes

The blind spot here isn’t due to the mirrors but the right front pillar so proper mirror adjustment won’t fix it.

1 Like

Also come to think of it they require a motorcycle endorsement which is extra $$$ over the regular license fee as well as a harder road test. So it isn’t a cheaper option really.

1 Like

It’s a very old forest.

4 Likes

Just like how New College in Oxford was new in the 14th century

2 Likes

I’ve seen tons of those around, actually. Good point! Never a 3 wheeled car, though.

1 Like

And in fact, I’ve seen THAT car, too. But is it classified as a car or a motorcycle… it if needs a helmet, then motorcycle? Because there are plenty of 4 wheel cars/trucks that don’t have a roof (old school jeeps come to mind).

1 Like

Well, if Mr. Bean can knock the down! :wink:

1 Like

Motorcycle I think, mostly from the stripped down form you can’t put in some all of the safety features like airbags and such that are required for a car.

I would at least want a helmet and gloves in that thing just from the wind at speed.

1 Like

Satellite image suggests there is a stop sign. New driver’s should be very cautious DSA

It might possibly help a bit, but if drivers had obeyed the Give Way sign, a Stop sign would be unnecessary. And if drivers disobey the Stop sign that is now there (and they do), it doesn’t solve the problem.

I don’t see how. In my observation, many drivers do not make a full stop and sometimes even don’t slow down when they think that no one’s around. Same with cyclists, though those endanger mostly themselves.

TBF, here, those tend to be narrow, and most often there are houses on either side. You can’t see crossing traffic anyways as long as you are not directly at the intersection.

A pillars were not the biggest problem, and other guys noticed the same problem too. Best solution: move to the beach, walk instead of drive.When

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.