O.O

1 Like

6 Likes

7 Likes

Baby shower cakes:

8 Likes

To whoever made those baby cakes, especially the last one:

19 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m thinking great artistry but so wrong.

7 Likes

We had already established that there are some really tacky and downright gross cake designs when it comes to baby showers.

But thanks for needlessly illustrating that some people do have truly questionable taste levels.

:wink:

5 Likes

I like the hyper-realistic baby ones. Itā€™s like Ron Mueck opened a bakery.

The following delicious wedding cake gives me an idea:

A Croquet Bush Croquembouche made from scotch eggs or party pies. Make it happen, internet!

5 Likes

Ohhhhh god, somebody had to post thoseā€“thanks for coming through!

I also love the many cakes that are just boobs and pregnant belly, often with the impression of a kicking baby foot. Like, congratulations, this is all you are now!

7 Likes

I did not think I knew who Ron Mueck was until I googled. Oh yeah! That guy :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy to have friends & family who are not that clueless.

6 Likes

Made by my daughter last weekend:

Long and stupid story about why the cherries werenā€™t baked in with the pineapple. Didnā€™t really affect the taste, fortunately.

11 Likes

Chocolate by Death. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m calling it, anyways. [source: The Necro-Nom-Nom-Nomicon]

7 Likes

That nameā€™s fricking awesome.

10 Likes

I wonder how much Red 40 is in that. (Iā€™m not a fan, I can usually taste the food coloring over everything else in the cake.)

But itā€™s wicked cool, nevertheless.

4 Likes

I still wonder about the fondant ratio of some of these artsy-designy cakes. Iā€™ve never had fondant and from what Iā€™ve heard from friends who have, it doesnā€™t sound like Iā€™ve been missing out.

Marzipan, on the other hand, would be a noble robe for just about any kind of cake.

4 Likes

As Iā€™ve got all the ingredients to hand and the technique looks fun, I thought Iā€™d make leopard-print bread today. Giggity.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s extremely dependent on the source.

Iā€™ve had marzipan in Belgium and France that was quite wonderful, and looked just like the object it was meant to look like.

On the other hand, Iā€™ve had ā€œmarzipanā€ in America that wasā€¦ well, a ā€œnoble robeā€ definitely wouldnā€™t be my description. Cloyingly sweet, offā€¦ bleh.

4 Likes

That too; I like fondant, but not in huge amounts.

Agreed.

The commercial Marzipan Iā€™ve had here in the states was awful.

2 Likes

labeled BEET LOAF in the pastry case

3 Likes