California's rapidly rising gas prices

Yes, but not by that much. Some oil price upswings already made algae fuel look pretty viable.

I have a suspicion that the price fall that followed was partially to prevent the development of this sector.

1 Like

B-b-b-b-but the free market…

1 Like

Alas, it will only keep economically disadvantaged drivers from getting to their jobs in public transit deserts.

1 Like

Well it’s subjective, but gas prices going up by hundreds, and within the forseeable future thousands of percent seems like a lot of change to me.

Keep in mind, though, that for the first twenty years of my life, I had to listen to my father constantly complain that gasoline for the family car cost more than twenty-five cents a gallon. He was really quite upset about it.

It only takes $4 a gallon gas in the USA to make alternative energy sources like wind and solar reasonably profitable. Which is why everyone wants gas to cost less than that…

Won’t be thousands, most likely. See below.

Add the algae to the mix. Already being successfully tested in air transportation.

If the changes won’t be too sharp, which is the thing that worries me, the production will adjust. Slow changes will be in low few 100s % top.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.