Can you use the phrase "Clump of Worms" in a sentence (without sounding like an idiot doing the bare minimum to get by)?

aaaand……I left a few words out of the joke! Just in case anyone wants to retell it (perhaps to your kids?) it makes a bit more sense like this:

A city slicker was visiting his friend the farmer, and they went out to look over the fields. The city slicker said “Oh, look at that bunch of cows!” And the farmer said “Not ‘bunch of cows’, ‘herd of cows.’” And the city slicker said “Heard of cows? Of course I’ve heard of cows!” And the farmer said “No, no, I mean the cow herd.” And the city slicker said “Oh, you say the cow heard? Well, that’s okay, I don’t have any secrets!”

3 Likes

Spittoon of worms?

2 Likes

She was as wriggly as a clump of worms.

1 Like

Thank you!!! This is so great!

1 Like

The writhing clump of worms that forms the basis of the processing unit in the skulls GOP hopefuls is going to make the 2016 campaign, well, interesting…*

*especially the one that lives under The Trumpadour

2 Likes

The time estimate slid around like a writhing clump of worms.

1 Like

The first thing I heard when waking from my colonoscopy was “…like a clump of worms.” I was too self-conscious to ask…

3 Likes

Donald Trump est globo sclopi traiectus a vermibus.

1 Like

Good morning, that’s a nice clump of worms.

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad. When I saw the term, I was reminded of my grandpa pouring his used coffee grounds every day into a corner section of his back yard, and then whenever it was time to go fishing, we would dig down a bit into the dirt and scoop up a big clump of worms (night crawlers, to be exact) to take with us as bait.

Richard looked down in horror. The mass of intestines hanging from his midriff looked, for all intents and purposes, like a clump of worms burrowing out of his stomach. As he slid towards the ground, he cursed himself for trying to disprove the Pop Rocks and Coke myth.

Alternatives:

I had some party streamers from a pound shop here in the UK. They were so cheap, when popped, they looked like someone throwing a clump of worms across the room.

If I add a third example do I then have a clump of clump of worms examples?

3 Likes

Something something something Diet of Worms something a clump of worms.

It’s not a Clump of Worms, it’s a Tea Party of Worms.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 610 days. New replies are no longer allowed.