Canadian government orders scientists not to disclose extent of polar melting

Cute. But my point is that the Canadian government can’t very well censor Swedish scientists, or Japanese ones, so their effort is in vain. It will still ruin a few good careers and drive away some first-rate academics, but it won’t achieve the Conservatives’ goals. Well, their stated goals.

1 Like

Satellite and Google Earth are well and good, and I’m glad foreign scientists are using them to study Arctic melt. However, you might want to take a look at a map, one with population densities on it. There aren’t a lot of local people to get involved in this for “citizen science”. It’s not like getting local kids in a southern subdivision to take water samples of the local river.

1 Like

Great, fewer to interfere with sample collection! :stuck_out_tongue:
That just means we need to get a few more dedicated people, willing to drive couple dozen to hundred miles.
An obstacle, quite significant one, but not a show-stopper.

“Drive?” Please look at one of those maps. And it’s a lot farther than a hundred miles. This is the Arctic, not the Rockies.

1 Like

Ouch. Point taken.

Still, SHOULD be possible. Just requires even higher degree of volunteer dedication. Which makes it more probable to end up with empty set…

Now, what the solution could be…

There will be an Open Government Grand Bazaar event in Ottawa on September 16.
May I suggest that we all attend and ask for more transparency !

Ima wait for somone to be prepared to invade it, thanks.

1 Like

I know who, in this conversation, is the scientist.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.