Chatbot attains milestone at annual Turing Test competition

“My favorite color is fluorescent green with bright magenta spots.”

Yep that the answer every 13 male Ukrainian would give.

Wow Cory this is really dropping the ball this time, and it’s not like you have been setting a high bar the past few years.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. It is a truly shitful chatbot.

2 Likes

I like Cory’s Guardian articles. Sometimes I just can’t tell if he’s driving trollies here at Boing Boing, because he makes so many sloppy movies - from falling for urban legends (like in the London digger thread), using misleading language in headlines (like in the “tank” that isn’t a tank thread) to credulously reposting press release claims (as in this thread). Is Boing Boing where Cory does his version of Andy Kaufman’s Tony Clifton? Is he using the audience for his amusement rather than trying to inform and entertain them?

2 Likes

Still the best passing of the Turing Test:
Statue of Alan Turing passes the Turing Test…if you’re a dog:

5 Likes

Beat me too it. Well done.

1 Like

Maybe “Cory Doctorow” is a chatbot.

1 Like

I suppose it is kind of fun, but obviously a bot.

I guess it didn’t occur to any of the testers to actually ask the “Ukrainian boy” a question in Ukrainian. A simple Google search led me to “Звідки ви?” which is “Where are you from?”

It didn’t understand the question… sigh. Failed at the first hurdle. A chatbot that has “limited grasp of English” should have a good understanding of his own language, methinks!

1 Like

Turing Test in the future: http://artificial-intelligence.com/comic/4

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.