Clarence Thomas's “close personal friend” sure loves dictators and nazi memorabilia

22 Likes

Some people kiss Nazis. Some punch them in the kisser.

Which one you admire says a lot about your soul.

33 Likes

Dr. Jones* did both, but in all fairness he didn’t know the one he kissed was a Nazi until later.

(*Senior and Junior)

16 Likes

Punch ‘em and leave ‘em, where Nazis are concerned.

12 Likes

Oh, but then she says she believes in the grail not the swastika, and cries at the books being burned by her colleagues. Given that us leftists are apparently being intolerant to call out a collection full of Nazi statues, then that should be enough to make her the hero of the movie, right? :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

since money is speech, calling out a person for spending millions to groom a supreme court justice is an example of leftist intolerance

calling that same person out on a digital forum for trafficking in nazi memorabilia however is not speech because it’s text typed out. how are pixels speech?

it’s all very obvious

/s

20 Likes

I love the “close personal friend – and not business relationship” story. I’m sure they’d be great “friends” if Clarence wasn’t in the Supreme Court.

17 Likes

Aw, man— that Hitler painting really tied the room together.

6 Likes

Burn the room, too, then. I’ll get more mason jars.

13 Likes

I believe that the relationship here is more Lord of the Manor and retainer.

13 Likes

Nice family.

18 Likes

not all of Steven Lynch’s songs hit for me these days, but this one is dead on target. Clarence, that friend you love might be a Nazi.

5 Likes

My grandfather - who fought in Europe in WWII - looted a Nazi plate. Which - for him was a reminder of winning. BUT when he died it passed to me along with other stuff. And because for me it didn’t have that personal meaning - I destroyed it. Full stop.

There’s no point in letting nazis have value and be on a literal pedestal today - and feeding the obsession with modern nazis. Collecting objects and putting up statues is not a necessary way to remember history. We all know they made a bunch of branded swag and it’s already well-documented.

22 Likes

https://crowcollection.org/

TBH the least surprising part of this to me is that Harlan Crow has a massive collection of art from any failed country that couldn’t hold onto its ephemera.

15 Likes

Not like that was a difficult thing to do, when you have another aggressive country bombing yours.

How about we don’t make politicians into heroes in the first place, and instead understand them in their historical context, good and bad? Churchill’s colonial record is pretty awful, as @the_borderer noted and should not be whitewashed because of his war time leadership. We should not care less about that just because it happened somewhere that wasn’t Europe.

26 Likes

What would the right say if Soros had a collection like this? Or if he was as “generous a personal friend” to Kagan as Crow has been to Thomas?

7 Likes

Probably the same things they’re saying about him now, to be honest. The only difference would be that their decades-long smear campaign baselessly accusing Soros of being a Nazi sympathizer would finally have some evidence to back it up.

19 Likes

Yes, they have more Nazi memorabilia.

22 Likes

Yeah, I used to like some of Lemmy’s music until I saw that documentary. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

That, and more money :drum:

4 Likes