Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

I am certain that was meant as a very dry joke: of course people’s personal beliefs weren’t allowed to get in the way of the safety of entire communities during wartime.

18 Likes
12 Likes

And they shouldn’t be allowed to get in the way today. The number of civilian deaths in the UK during WWII was roughly half the number of people that have already died from Covid. Anti-Covid-vaxxers like Piers Corbyn should be treated like fifth columnists.

(Note: this does not apply to what I expect is the overwhelming majority of vegans; every vegan I know got jabbed as soon as they possibly could. If there were ethical anti-vaccination arguments based on animal rights that had any merit, I’m sure Peter Singer would be telling us about them, but in fact he is a strong supporter of vaccinating as many people as possible.)

(ETA: and Piers Corbyn is notoriously anti-vegan.)

12 Likes

Do you mean Piers Morgan?

2 Likes

No big shock that the Koch “libertarian” kill grandma crowd has DeSantis’ back.

In early April, YouTube took down a video featuring Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and a group of controversial scientists at a March 18 coronavirus roundtable. The online video platform, owned by Google, cited as its rationale that the video contained false statements about the efficacy of children’s mask-wearing.

DeSantis’ Panel Reflected Controversial Herd Immunity Movement

The scientists who spoke at DeSantis’ roundtable and gave their opinions about masks and lockdowns were Dr. Scott Atlas of Stanford University, Sunetra Gupta of Oxford University, Dr. Jay Bhattacharya of Stanford University and Martin Kulldorff of Harvard University.

Funny, last year, when there were no vaccines, they were anti-lockdown to promote infecting as many people as possible for “natural herd immunity”. Now that we have vaccines, they’re swinging anti-vax and anti-mask. Because?

10 Likes

I’m guessing not.

10 Likes

No. Surprisingly, Morgan hates anti-vaxxers even more than he hates immigrants.

9 Likes
8 Likes

So - Trump, his kids and just about every guy in his administration got sick with Covid.

20 Likes

I am not sure that Edward Tufte covered weiner charts, but I like it!

11 Likes

I have a feeling the takeaway from that chart for the deplorables would be that COVID gives you a bigger dick.

7 Likes

It would be wrong to hope this asshole falls into a jaguar enclosure. Very, very wrong.

He deserves far worse.

19 Likes

Yep. A broken down Cadillac in the yard up on blocks.

5 Likes

If only there were some kind of protocols that could have reduced the spread in that kind of situation!

15 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

35 Likes
14 Likes

I hate this damn timeline.

16 Likes

I take it that The Tyee is not some sort of Canadian version of The Onion. Jeez.

3 Likes

So is this one of those writing prompt things?

6 Likes

Oh my God, you and me both. Fuckety fuck fuck, here we go again. Honestly, we are only starting to see our numbers rise. Maybe our people will pay attention to what is happening in FL and make better choices. And unicorns will shit rainbows over all of us. Laa Laa Laa Laa Laa. (Wow, autocorrect did not like that string of syllables! )

23 Likes