Cory Doctorow blogging grievance thread

3 Likes

I read it as “Boob and Sock Monkey” and thought:

(Taken from http://yourapplesaremyoranges.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/boob-art.html )

8 Likes

In Cory’s vision of near future, people’s eyes’ muscles can brush their teeth.

«I worked until the muscles that allowed my eyes to focus on my screen went on strike, blinked hard, brushed my teeth, stripped off, and fell face-first into bed, amid all the junk I’d dropped there, not even feeling the sharp corners that dug into me».

1 Like

In Cory’s vision of near future, people’s eyes’ muscles can brush their teeth.

That sick bastard.

1 Like

Just blink at it.

1 Like

2 Likes

In your mind can someone disagree with Cory, point out his link bait and sometimes deceptively phrased headlines or when he’s simply wrong or does all that count as off topic complaints?

does all that count as off topic complaints

Nope, but let’s separate the off-topic from on-topic.

In your mind can someone disagree with Cory,

In my mind?

Er, yes. “In my mind” I certainly think someone can and should disagree with Cory ON THE TOPIC and express it within the threads. If Cory says that bananas are a radioactive health hazard, then please do go on to explain how wrong he is on the topic of bananas as a radioactive health hazard.

If you utilized good faith towards the mental faculties of myself and others you really wouldn’t ask such a ridiculous question (twice). But, then again, maybe you were just being passive-aggressive and utilizing that as a rhetorical question, I dunno.

point out his link bait

It’s only your opinion (or, “in your mind”) that he produces “linkbait” or “clickbait”. It’s not a statement of fact as you’re attempting to present it and the discussion is not on-topic in a banana thread. You’ve derailed the banana topic at that point to be about whether or not Cory is a clickbait artist.

In other words, if the topic is about bananas, it’s about fucking bananas. It’s not about whether or not Cory is a goddam clickbait artist. If people think Cory’s posts are mere clickbait, they will make up their own minds and stop falling for it and fuck his bananas.

Do you honestly think you need to repeatedly, mansplain pompously explain to everyone else who reads Boing Boing what’s clickbait or not?

If he’s truly a clickbait artist, all of his posts would suffer from a lack of readership. That is, of course, if you utilize good faith in most of the Boing Boing readership instead of perhaps likening them to dumb sheep that never learn and don’t know repeated, banana clickbait when they see it.

Discussions of whether or not he produces produces “linkbait” or “clickbait” is off-topic and should be reserved for this thread or create your own threads on the topic and hash it out there.

If it ain’t about bananas in a banana thread, it’s off-topic.

deceptively phrased headlines

Once again, it’s only your opinion (or, “in your mind”) that he’s being purposefully deceptive. Discussions of whether or not he is a deceptive person is off-topic and should be reserved for this thread or create your own threads on the topic.

If it ain’t about bananas in a banana thread, it’s off-topic. If it’s about a headline style in a banana thread, it’s off-topic.

or when he’s simply wrong

If you utilized good faith towards the mental faculties of myself and others you really wouldn’t ask such a ridiculous question (twice). But, then again, maybe you were just being redundantly passive-aggressive and utilizing that as a rhetorical question (twice), I dunno.

Now, I have a question for you.

If you think Cory is a deceptive clickbait artist, why do you fall for it over and over again? I don’t know about you, but I’ve got better things to do in my life than repeatedly jump into online threads made by people that I think are deceptive clickbait artists. I avoid them and move on with my life.

Maybe you should try it?

4 Likes

In other words, if you are critical in any way, you should shut up and stop reading Boing Boing. Oh, and it’s mansplaining, too, because your maleness is obvious to all and… something. And shut up.

3 Likes

Actually, I’m utterly dispossessed in my mind as to why anyone would continue jumping on Cory without them appearing to be either silly for continued reading or part of an amorphous anti-Cory group.

1 Like

Oh, and it’s mansplaining, too, because your maleness is obvious to all and… something.

I shouldn’t have used that term. I should have said “pompously explain”. I changed it accordingly along with a strikethrough above to remove that gender bias. My mistake.

In other words, if you are critical in any way, you should shut up and stop reading Boing Boing.

Wow, that’s obtuse.

You miss the part where I said this?

''I certainly think someone can and should disagree with Cory ON THE TOPIC and express it within the threads."

@Boundegar, you’re massively oversimplifying and completely misrepresenting what I actually said. Why resort to such drivel if you have rationality and good sense on your side?

All I can suggest to you is to go back and read my post and this time comprehend it. Or continue to offer a stunted and cartoonish misrepresentation of what I really said and keep embarrassing yourself in order to pander to people who hate Cory’s posting style.

Ironically, by disingenuously misrepresenting what I said, you’re engaged in the very things you and your compatriots repeatedly accuse Cory of doing. You’re desperately pandering for “likes” like a clickbait artist and being deceptive to boot.

But, I guess it’s ok when you do it, huh? Way to go, hypocrite.

Such a cabal exists?

If you think other commenters offer stunted, obvious, cartoonish misrepresentations, why do you fall for it over and over again? I don’t know about you, but I’ve got better things to do in my life than repeatedly jump into online threads made by people that I think are deceptive commenters.

1 Like

If you think other commenters offer stunted, obvious, cartoonish misrepresentations, why do you fall for it over and over again?

I’m not falling for anything.

I’m defending myself from a personal attack. Do you not know the difference between doing that and entering one of Cory’s threads and throwing it off-topic by attacking him personally instead of his ideas and the topics he presents? You’d have to be quite an idiot to not know the difference.

But, of course, we both know you’re not an idiot and you’re simply being purposefully obtuse and disingenuous to trolley me at this point.

Ironically, by being disingenuous and attempting to trolley me, you’re engaged in the very things you and your compatriots repeatedly accuse Cory of doing. You’re desperately pandering for “likes” and trying to provoke me like a clickbait artist and being disingenuous to boot.

But, I guess it’s ok when you do it, huh? Way to go, hypocrite.

2 Likes

Yes. They wear peach coloured hooded robes to demonstrate their non-banana viewpoints.

2 Likes

Yes! And they meet in the shadows of Metafilter!

(that’s an old dustup that’s turned into a cliche - I’ve always held MeFi in high regard)

I don’t know, I haven’t been watching - but if you’re filing the thread with Cory’s stoopid comments, then you’re cluttering. Make a thread.

They don’t seem to be a very active cabal…

They don’t seem to be a very active cabal…

It’s a rather stunted cabal, but they try.

Fun while it lasted but, this topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.