Couple dug up and buried dozens of iconic and protected Joshua Trees

Realtors that I’ve worked with always had us sign documents attesting that we were informed of [potential problem], which at one house did include a proscription on cutting down trees of a certain size without getting a permit first. Another house (that we did not buy) had a notice about wetlands on the property that could not be disturbed.

I always assumed every realtor made a point of getting documents like that signed since they would be in legal jeopardy and lose their license if the new owners claimed they were not informed of it.

4 Likes

You know … all you have to do is get a permit to move the trees that are in the way of construction, and they will be dug up and LEGALLY resold or transplanted to elsewhere on your property or at a park site that needs “reforestation” with them.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that they had that level of legal protection. I mean, it is a pretty good album and all, but that’s going a bit too far, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Pave paradise, put up a parking lot… or something like that.

3 Likes

Well take note future property investors, that’s only $500 per tree.

6 Likes

That is beyond fucked.

3 Likes

Word.

And hardly a burden to people who have money to burn.
It’s hardly more than one vacation for two going to Ibiza for a posh long weekend (first-class airfare, four-star hotel, massages, dinners made of endangered species, etc.).

Everything for a price.
This is the economic “system” we find ourselves in.

And here in the state of Texas, the state cheerfully rakes in the money, whether in fees, registrations, permits, taxes, “political campaign contributions” or whatever.

4 Likes

When you consider that they can easily pay $1000 and up to plant a mature non native tree of their choice!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.