Customers descend on newly-arrived toilet paper at Costco

It’s not a horrible smell, but definitely distinctive. I kind of like it.
It all depends on the nose of the sniffer, sort of like that after-shave lotion, Lectric-Shave.

2 Likes

The Wiper Games? Not sure… :thinking:

1 Like

I went regular grocery shopping yesterday… Bought a corned beef brisket and some vegetables. Everyone else had shopping carts full of non-perishables and paper goods. One dude had like 5 cases of oreos. Some lady had like 4 flats of eggs. What are they going to do with so many oreos and eggs?

1 Like

My father suspects that people with a cart full of a single, specific, makes little sense item are planning on gouging.

Basically they’re trying to grab up a lot of something while it’s cheap. On the assumption that in 2 weeks no one will be able to get it, and they’ll be able to sell their cart load of bananas for huge profits.

So speculatin’.

It would certainly explain people loading up on huge amounts of perishables and crap that’s unimportant.

4 Likes

Also, people must be taking some pretty interesting s**ts to need that much tp. My question is, is it a solid piece or liquid at that point?

Surprisingly at my grocery, there was a limit on tp but, nothing else. Someone bought an entire carts worth of eggs and paper towels I.e. 2 separate carts.

Deep-fried Oreo booth at the Apocalypse Faire?

2 Likes

(source)

9 Likes

Why isn’t Trump making himself useful?

8 Likes

Encore:

It leaves the heaviest soap scum in its wake. Do not buy this garbage soap unless you are fully out, and literally have no other option.

3 Likes

I’ve been to the supermarket here in TJ, and it’s official. No hoarding in Tijuana. There’s a full pallet of tp in the foyer of the store.

4 Likes

And this is why I am looking forward ahead of the trends: I’m stocking up on plungers!

3 Likes

one of the brawlers has like 6 jumbo packs.

2 Likes

That IS shocking!

Where the heck is there still a Woolworths?!?

3 Likes
1 Like

Australia.

We’ve had worse, though.

4 Likes

Gotta love rural paywalls.

4 Likes

No toilette paper? No problem: CuloClean

Not sure if it is a joke or it is for real, but it seems a good idea…

3 Likes