2 Likes

(H2Ogate Blues rings true even today)

5 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Because, well, Gaelynn Lea

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/06/700853825/tiny-desk-family-hour-gaelynn-lea

“At the Tiny Desk Family Hour, Lea performed in that same spare configuration. She closed with a powerful song called “I Wait,” which addresses the way people with disabilities — Lea herself has brittle bone disease, and works as a motivational speaker and teacher as well as a musician — are frequently left out of social justice movements. It’s Lea at her best, as her warm, intense, hauntingly beautiful voice is shot through with a clear sense of purpose.”

4 Likes
3 Likes

Leikeli47 and the TSA Band

2 Likes

I watched that then went on a Tiny Desk concert binge… Good stuff. I like Choir! Choir! Choir! too, especially when they get people to come sing their songs with them… This has been stuck in my head the past couple of days…

3 Likes
1 Like

cosmic blackened death metal

It’s Eurovision time, apparently!

Iceland’s entry seems to be euro-techno meets electro-industrial…

3 Likes

The Hu.
Wolf Totem.
What Metal wants to be when it grows up.

8 Likes

I saw this musical (HADESTOWN) last weekend and will predict it will win a boatload of Tony awards. Its songs are brilliant, both in their original form by Anaïs Mitchell and in full Broadway form, especially “Why We Build the Wall”, which deserves to be an anthem right now.

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Cool cartoons with cool traditional irish songs. An irish tv show with cartoons made by Cartoon Saloon, the studio that gave us “The Song of the Sea” and “The Breadwinner”.

“Bean Phaidin” is my favorite song presented in this collection.

4 Likes