Danger! Danger!

It’s the Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water!

The voiceover is by Donald Pleasence, who played Blofeld in You Only Live Twice.

grid does not supply to property or vehicles with infringement lived alles

ok.

Just plain mean to kids,

Another Chinese translation I saw:

:game_die: Would You LIKE to Play a Game? :video_game:

Not sure if this is real or 'shopped, but it still gave me a laugh.

Thanks. I was working on it but I’m on my phone so even the simplest of tasks are a million times more of a pain. :frowning:

ya, not really sure what type of magic this is.

• clicked your link
  • oh, the url doesn’t have a file extension at the end
  • copypaste it into my post and add .jpg
  • can see it in preview
  • hit post
  • now yours embeds, so mines redundant
  • delete my post
  • it won’t do it

but anyway, at least it’s visible ¯\ __(ツ) _ /¯

I saw this exact sign (same font, even) in Jakarta with no explanation underneath:

Didn’t seem likely to be gunfire related on that particular road…

:game_die: Would You LIKE to Play a Game? :video_game:

So is that the new generic hazard warning? Was there anything (sharp curves, falling rocks, wildlife milling about) that seemed to warrant extra attention?

That’s what I was wondering. Nothing more hazardous that any other stretch of Jakarta road (the motor bikers are suicidal, I swear!). And they do have a term used to indicate “caution” with regard to driving and other related dangers: hati-hati (literally: care care).

Back in the 70s I did factory inspections for the EPA. I learned a lot from the workers in the steel mills in the middle of the night, including the trick of turning a vending machine upside down then rightside up again to liberate large quantities of candy or cigarettes.

Apropos of an earlier sign, I also learned that if you rappel down into a large tank of liquid to get a sample, you might not discover until the later analysis that you probably shouldn’t have done that.

Back in high school they put a vending machine right next to the machine shop…

PANIC!!!

Posting by request:

And for a real one:

Coober Pedy is a fun town, but it has unique hazards.

Also on the Australian desert theme:

From Woomera.

I knew some folks who ignored those signs. As soon as they got out of sight of the road, they were rounded up by a squad of men with M-16s, American accents and no sense of humour.

In the US, the DoD likes this signage:

(Seriously no sense of humor.)

I see your deer and raise you a cow:

One for the “what am I supposed to do now?” department: