Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Oh, she’s giving me quite the workout - even though she’s nearly 100 in cat years! After sitting passively through the first round of fireworks, I figured they weren’t bothering her. This is my first 4th of July in a new place, so I had no idea we could see anything from here. A few minutes ago, we saw a few that went high enough in the sky to clear the tree line surrounding the building. She jumped up, turned around, and tried to take a running jump off a table next to her perch.

She normally uses little steps that I set up for her to walk up and down, because her gait can be a bit stiff. Luckily, I just managed to catch her before she hit the floor. No more “sky fire” for us. :fireworks::scream_cat: :open_mouth:

9 Likes
11 Likes

At first it seemed like he’d make it, but the follow-ups in the past few days made it clear it was getting dire.

That’s someone young and fit who would have had the best medical care possible. No one is immune from this.

17 Likes

The article reported that he had to have a leg amputated during his stay. Circulation problem? Perhaps he had some serious pre-existing condition that compromised any recovery? I have no idea. Broadway show fans in NYC follow show performers like fans of certain sports figures; this one must have hit hard.

7 Likes

ETA: Here’s a young Morricone, playing the sax behind Mina:

13 Likes

He had the complication where C19 causes blood clots, leading to stokes and blocked circulation. I haven’t seen any pre-existing condition mentioned.

9 Likes
13 Likes

I was… not a fan, but he lived (and had a park named after him) in the town where my dad grew up.

This is purely anecdotal but when a relative or family friend is sick or injured, my mom’s response is “they didn’t go to Summit, did they!? Oh thank heavens…”

Unfortunately Vanderbilt’s filled with COVID-19 patients, as of May or June…

7 Likes

I’ve personally always thought it rather unwise of him to call the Devil a “son of a bitch” after he wins. I mean, why provoke the Devil?

6 Likes

Well, really you’re insulting his parent…

Moar Cowbell!

6 Likes
7 Likes

My mom used to call me that sometimes when she got really mad. I’d be, like, “Uhh…”

7 Likes

When I first heard the song, back in 79, the version they played on the radio then was “son of a gun.”

7 Likes
6 Likes

I always wondered why the if the devil is supposed to be such a good fiddle player that he felt he needed to stack the deck with a band of demons backing him up.

11 Likes

Sad if confirmed:

9 Likes
9 Likes

And manager of the most amazing period in Irish Football!

8 Likes

OTOH cheating is pretty much on brand for Satan though.

5 Likes
9 Likes