Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Matrix glitch…

14 Likes

Well, yeah, I was just reading that very article!

5 Likes

The widening gyre has become a swirling drain.

8 Likes

Her funeral was so big, Detroit local news covered it. And yes, the kids were fighting over the estate. She owed a lot of people money, too. Maybe the estate finally just got out of probate?

9 Likes

It was very sad when she died a few years ago, but it did allow this movie to finally be released (she would not allow it while she was alive). It is an astounding performance:

9 Likes
15 Likes

It’s that damn time/quantum discussion- it’s getting out of hand.

8 Likes

Oh, here it is. Thank you.

7 Likes

One of my personal heroes

ETA: and probably, together with Neal Stephenson, the single person the most books of whom I have read

12 Likes

Nicette Bruno, 87 years old, brazilian actress, Covid 19.

She did strict quarantine, she spent almost 10 months respecting the social distancing. Unfortunately she received a visit at home, which was contaminated and asymptomatic. A single visit took her to the Hospital, where she spent more than two weeks in the ICU.

Remember it when you think about traveling at the end of the year or visiting your elderly relatives for Christmas.

14 Likes
9 Likes

I had forgotten about so many of these.

12 Likes

Part 2

6 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes
4 Likes
11 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes

An interview with his son, Chris Sutton, from earlier this year.

Chris, whose two older sisters were born in Carlisle and whose younger brother John briefly represented the Blues, recounts these memories because his father cannot. Mike Sutton’s mind and body have for the last 10 years been gradually smothered by dementia.

7 Likes