Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

I’m not familiar with her work, I’m afraid. Jezebel did repost an older interview with her, though:

10 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

Perhaps a bit niche, but he was a helluva synth designer

8 Likes

I just posted about his cancer diagnosis a couple weeks ago:

11 Likes

Sad addendum to “An Elegy for the Dying Breed of San Francisco Private Eyes

https://www.sfgate.com/news/amp/Famous-private-eye-Jack-Palladino-gravely-injured-15910909.php

Chapman said Palladino was not expected to survive after undergoing surgery to stop the massive bleeding.

Palladino was wrapping up one final case before joining his wife and work partner, Sandra Sutherland, in retirement.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Famed-San-Francisco-private-eye-dies-from-robbery-15915628.php

11 Likes

Was just coming to post that… Here is the NPR obit…

He was not much older than me.

As always… fuck cancer.

14 Likes

And two years younger than me.

He was an awful person by many accounts, so I can’t say that ‘I’ll miss him’ or anything because I’d be lying.

Still fuck Cancer; no one should ever have to die of it.

12 Likes

Fuckin’ a.

7 Likes

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

13 Likes

(A bit more bio background than in the CNN piece.)

11 Likes
12 Likes

Unfortunately contains this line

The SNP’s Joanna Cherry said she had suffered “appalling” prejudice.

Joanna Cherry is an expert in appalling prejudice for all the wrong reasons, which is why she was sacked from the SNP shadow cabinet a few days ago. She isn’t wrong about it in this case though.

16 Likes

:roll_eyes:

JFC…

7 Likes

Again, not a celebrity, per se, but someone whose work is legendary…

5 Likes

Actually, Captain SIR Tom Moore!

5 Likes

Yeah, though I’d heard that he had not yet been vaccinated because of ongoing pneumonia treatment - probably some underlying/background problems there - hardly surprising at his age.

1 Like
8 Likes
13 Likes

What a run. He was superb in The Insider and had a funny bit as Diane Lane’s dad in Must Love Dogs.

He will be greatly missed.

7 Likes