Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

One of the best heels of all time…

6 Likes

From his obit: " He was having an excellent year in 1967 when he was struck on the shin by a line drive off the bat of the Pittsburgh Pirates’ Roberto Clemente. Mr. Gibson pitched to three more batters before collapsing on the mound with a broken leg.

5 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes

RIP Animal.

Sadly, Hawk also died back in 2003.

2 Likes

Indeed! They were always incredibly entertaining to watch! They had a good rivalry with the Steiner Bros back in the old NWA days.

3 Likes

Their feud with the Midnight Express was also one of legend.

While they weren’t the best technical wrestlers and no-sold a bit too much for my taste, their gimmick was something else. I remember as a kid being simply awe struck by their costumes with the giant spikes.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Absolutely.

Yeah, it was pretty cool!

Also, did you know that Rick Steiner is now a real estate agent in N. GA and was on a local school board for a while! Weird, huh?

3 Likes

The Claw was a substitute teacher at my high school. Seemed weird at the time, but these guys need to find something after the limelight fades.

5 Likes
10 Likes

Fuck 2020. You beat me to posting it as I kept checking the news to see if if was real… :cry:

12 Likes

Waaay to f’ng early. Fuck cancer.

I tried to play the guitar once because of him. It didn’t take.

15 Likes

I had a black guitar with fluorescent green stripes when I was 15 because of Eddie.
Finally I can play a bit but he could play!

14 Likes

Some people are born with music for blood. I am continually amazed at musicians who make beautiful sound effortlessly pour out of their fingers, mouths, brains, like water out of a tap. It’s a long list, too.

10 Likes

That’s the dream when you pick up an instrument :grin:

8 Likes
13 Likes

That song will be especially poignant after Trump is defeated.

9 Likes

Oh, man. That’s very sad to hear. I love his voice.

I also remember that Grosse Point Blank used “I Can See Clearly Now” for their opening scene.

9 Likes

Reggae’s debt to him is often unacknowledged.

10 Likes
7 Likes