Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

I mean, this was pretty much inevitable (pancreatic cancer is a motherfucker) but it’s no less sad.

14 Likes

Stupid 2020.

10 Likes

yeah, F 2020…
just posted this Guardian article on Trebec’s passing in the God Damn you 2020 thread.
even knowing this was inevitable, I am deeply saddened…
right now
:sob:

7 Likes

Answer: Who had a great career.

RIP

6 Likes
9 Likes

Trebek still beat Connery by a week. :+1:

8 Likes

“Famous celebrities who appeared in Robert Altman’s films for $400.”

“This quiz show host had a cameo in Short Cuts, but you may have trouble finding the clip online.”

5 Likes

Nothing against Connery, but Trebek beat him by a lot more than that.

3 Likes
8 Likes

March 2019?

That is quite some time. Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst. It often kills within weeks.

Fuck cancer.

10 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

I was just about to post this.

2 Likes

Viola Smith, the pioneering musician known as the “fastest girl drummer in the world,” has died. Per the New York Times , her nephew recently confirmed that she died in her Costa Mesa, California home on October 21. She was 107 years old.

12 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

An extract:

The Des O’Connor Show, featuring songs and sketches, had been popular in the UK for some years, but from 1970 went from black and white to colour, and was broadcast in more than 40 countries, including in the US, where NBC scheduled it as a summer replacement for the network’s Kraft Music Hall. O’Connor, who has died aged 88, went on to record 36 albums, perform in cabaret in Las Vegas, at Sydney Opera House and more than 1,000 times at the London Palladium.

5 Likes

This made me smile. A sad smile, but a smile nonetheless.

4 Likes
7 Likes