Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Apparently I am still in the EU, so I can’t read the article. Brexit is the worst of both worlds.

12 Likes

Ugh… stupid blocks… Here’s the text:

Wiz Khalifa and his family are mourning the loss of the rapper’s transgender sister.
Khalifa’s mom, Peachie Wimbush, announced the sad news on Instagram sharing a photo of her daughter, Dorien “Lala” Thomaz’s obituary.
Quoting the film “Steel Magnolias,” Wimbush wrote in the caption: “There was no noise, no tremble, just peace. Oh God(dess), I realized as a woman how lucky I am. I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life and I was there when she drifted out. It was the most precious moment of my life.”
“I have seen, heard and felt every bit of your love,” Wimbush added.
Just four days before sharing the sad news, Wimbush had posted a photo of her holding another woman’s hand asking for prayers.
The obituary said Thomaz died “peacefully with her Mother by her side” on Feb. 20. She was 32 years old. A cause of death has not been released.
Khalifa, 29, commented on the death Friday, tweeting that it has been one of the “hardest things” he’s dealt with.
“But with your prayers and well wishes my family will get through this,” he wrote.

13 Likes

Is the NY Daily News really a site you even want to give clicks to?

2 Likes

I would have posted something different but I couldn’t find any other links to the story at the time.

15 Likes

Probably not normally, but in this case it was part of my personal battle against trans erasure.

14 Likes

Genival Lacerda, brazilian singer, victim of the Covid.

7 Likes

Hooks!

8 Likes
7 Likes

He was a legend. — a Giants fan

1 Like

ORIGINAL REPORT: Over nearly three decades, Tommy Lasorda’s denial of his gay son’s identity has grown into legend. Tom Lasorda, Jr., known as “Spunky,” died of complications from AIDS on June 3, 1991at the age of 33. Official reports in the media of the time said Spunky died of “pneumonia and severe dehydration,” and focus more on how his father would deal with managing his baseball team than with the fact that his only son was gay.

The truth may be uncomfortable, but the truth should be told, if not by Lasorda himself, then by Outsports.”

10 Likes
13 Likes

Oh shit. I guess he was 22 when they started: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_(film_series)

My mother has just been raving about 7 Up and Me.

1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes

Damn

When she was in her 20s, Strain suffered a horseback riding injury that caused retrograde amnesia; essentially all memories of her childhood disappeared. The injury is also thought to be the cause of the dementia that took hold of her in recent years, and left her confined to hospice care since at least 2018.

Hell of a life, but way too short.

Or not:

10 Likes

Of course Trump releases a statement right away upon the announcement of his death versus the days it took to acknowledge the deaths at the Capitol insurrection.

6 Likes

Gah, dementia in her 50’s. That is depressing as hell to think about. So much suffering out there.

5 Likes
7 Likes

So, Brits, is Wookey Hole Caves sort of like Rock City and Ruby Falls or what?

6 Likes