Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

This has been the vibe at Bridges website too, for as long as I can remember. I think it is awesome.

1 Like
11 Likes

Was coming here to post this. I can’t imagine what it would be like to not have Jazzfest

7 Likes
11 Likes

Fuck cancer…

21 Likes

RIP

14 Likes

Oh, very sad! One of the funniest sketches on SNL was his Bob Dole as part of MTVs The Real World, not nearly as flashy as the Burt Reynolds Jeopardy.

12 Likes
6 Likes

Simply the best “shaggy dog” storyteller ever. He could drag on for weeks.

Hopefully that sly devil is irritating St. Peter enough that Pete will just go ahead and let him in.

12 Likes

I wonder if there’s video of him doing “The Aristocrats.”

7 Likes

Still not a fan of Dole, but this is nice of him.

18 Likes
7 Likes

Perhaps my all time favorite SNL sketch had Norm doing a game show called “Who’s More Grizzled” that also featured Robert Duvall and Garth Brooks.

You can see it on the Internet Archive, sketch begins at the 41 minute mark.

3 Likes

::sigh:: Cancer, go fuck yourself.

My introduction to Norm was not SNL, it was as the host of Billy Bob’s Picture Show on TBS(? It was soooo long ago). And that is how I will remember him, as the hilarious host of some terribly cheesy horror movies. RIP

9 Likes

Ugh, now knowledge of Norm’s death is amplified by a reminder that Dole will outlast us all. If Dole was really a hero he’d have thrown himself in front of cancer so Norm could get away.

5 Likes

My favorite Norm MacDonald bit, Janice and The Shallow Grave. I heard him a couple years ago on Howard Stern after his Me Too comment. It was a very good interview. He took Howard down a long path to get to a punchline, it was great .

3 Likes

Well, technically he’s thrown himself in front of cancer twice, but I get what you’re saying. :wink:

1 Like

In honor of the late, great Norm Macdonald, I am posting one of his best bits. After first seeing this over 15 years ago, it still makes me laugh today. Norm was a master of comedy, whose deadpan style was so perfectly timed, it didn’t even have to be “edgy” to make an impact. He will be sorely missed.

The clip is a bit long, but totally worth it.

1 Like

RIP. A true master.

2 Likes
9 Likes