Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

I had seen his movies as a kid, of course, but never knew his life story. Fired by Disney for getting a boyfriend. At least decades later they brought him back as a Disney Legend.

10 Likes

Double vaccinated, no underlying conditions, and DIED of covid at 53. Yikes:

13 Likes
4 Likes

Again, very UK-specific, but worth noting, given his conclusions about the Iraqi war

5 Likes

It’s a busy day, all too sadly

Had never heard of Jonathan Cooper before but it seems he did very important work, globally.

(ETA @orenwolf, do we really need the ‘no more than 2 consecutive replies’ rule here?)

12 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Discourse feature suggestions

Alan Kalter of Late Night with David Letterman. He was sublimely awesome.

7 Likes

I had forgotten about Alan’s interviews.

8 Likes

Whatever one might have thought of him, you couldn’t deny he’d had an interesting life.

3 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

For some reason I thought he would’ve been quite a bit older than that – we used to watch (more regularly than before or since) back in the '00s, and for some reason I thought he was 75 or 80 back then. I’m probably confusing him with Don Pardo.

(Sorry to hear, in any case.)

1 Like
3 Likes
5 Likes

He certainly knew - and helped - a lot of celebrities and sort of became one himself

3 Likes

Somewhat out of favour, but a giant in his time. It’s a shame the French word for concrete has a different meaning in English. His buildings are rather elegant and austere, not brutal.

5 Likes

Paddy Moloney was a giant of Irish music. The intricate, academic and traditionally researched chamber music that he pioneered was hugely influential globally. They were always questing and seeking to expand collaboration in search of both roots and fruits. They, and he in particular, won admiration from musicians as disparate as Frank Zappa (who appreciated their individual virtuosity as well as their group ability) to
 oh lots of people lined up to play with them. They could belt a tune. Paddy was self effacing but obviously fiercely driven and keenly intelligent.

13 Likes

Aw
 :cry:

And Nanci Griffiin

O’Carolan Melody

8 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes