Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

I’m also remembering his appearance as Jennings, in The Omen. One of the deaths in that series that really creeped me out as a kid.

3 Likes
13 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes

Why did I think Paul Sorvino died already? Now I’m sad again. I also loved him in “The Firm” and “Law & Order.”

4 Likes

Are you thinking of Tony Sirico?

With those two and Ray Liotta it’s been a bad year for screen mafiosi.

4 Likes

Nope. I’ve never watched the Sopranos. I’m not big on Mafia movies. I’ve seen Goodfellas and the Godfather movies exactly once. I wouldn’t confuse Paul Sorvino with anyone else. I agree with his daughter, he was something special.

I honestly thought he passed away either pre-Covid or maybe 2021.

Edited to fix my aggressive autocorrect that doesn’t like slang (Goodfellows :smile:)

7 Likes
10 Likes

I don’t wish to speak ill of the dead, but my goodness, I thought Warner’s image there was Tucker Carlson.

4 Likes

Paul Sorvino did a few episodes on Still Standing as Bill’s dad in the early 2000s.

3 Likes

David Warner was excellent at playing villains, but he also did an amazing job playing Aldous Gajic, an inspirational truth seeker, in Babylon 5’s episode “Grail.” My YouTube-fu has failed me in finding a good clip, but here’s a quote:

“Hey, can I learn to do that?”
“You can learn whatever you want to learn, because you are a man of infinite promise and goodness.”

– Jinxo and Aldous Gajic in Babylon 5:“Grail”

9 Likes

Paul Sorvino could also sing:

7 Likes
11 Likes

We need sad face instead of like hearts on these.

:broken_heart:

9 Likes
13 Likes

You know your career is in trouble when even your agent thinks you’re dead.

12 Likes

OMG! I literally was choosing between which MSM source to use, all of which ran this story!

6 Likes

This has been my ringtone since my heart attack and stroke, I think it applies here as well.

Tony Dow, he’s Not Dead Yet.

1 Like

His son shared an update.

9 Likes

This song was written and performed by the Chicago band The Bad Examples years before they gave Styx permission to record it. The first time I heard the cover I damn near crashed the car. I’ve been a Bad Examples fan since 1989. I may still have the original tee shirt. The Bad Examples - Not Dead Yet 11/4/17 FitzGerald's Berwyn (West Side, Chicagoland) - YouTube

3 Likes