Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Aw… I remember Superfly! Sad news.

I also didn’t realize he’d been accused of a murder from years ago! Wow… Still.

6 Likes

Very, very dodgy bit of business that.
Rumoured payoffs to police and family, Vince McMahon (and briefcase of cash) involvement, her history of abuse, way too many inconsistencies in his story…
It stank. And it needed the court hearing.

2 Likes

Glad it did go to court, eventually. Sad that it took so long in the first place. Looks like (from the wikipedia page) that the chargers were dropped because the judge decided that he was unable to mental understanding the court proceedings (rather than him not being guilty).

This is depressing.

3 Likes

That sounds like this case:

Sat on the charges for years, then dropped the case because the man was senile, then he died.

6 Likes

Ugh… gross.

4 Likes

Post-concussion syndrome and poor physical health. I doubt he would have made it through the trial and I suppose what with that, the whole press circus and the involvement of one of Orange Shitler’s donors, I guess they decided to not bother.

Yep. I loved his in-ring work and his style was very influential (on Mick Foley in particular) but I can see the erasing and minimizing of the murder already happening. The family won a civil suit back in 1985 but didn’t see a penny of the award made to them. Whole damn thing’s rotten.

4 Likes

Fucksocks.

10 Likes

Stephen Hawkins cancelled his lecture next week due to ill health … you heard it here first

3 Likes

Rachael Heyhoe Flint

5 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

The person who knows more about Trump than anyone else literally couldn’t live to see tomorrow.

We’re screwed.

18 Likes

https://twitter.com/rogerjstonejr/status/822331361830850560

3 Likes

Well, if anyone is an expert on human excrement, it’s Roger Stone.

10 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

Oh, no! She was an extraordinary actress.

9 Likes

Agreed. The world is a little darker today for her passing.

11 Likes

Tam Dalyell. Originator of the “West Lothian Question”.

4 Likes

Scrolling through the obits, I see J.S.G. Boggs passed as well. Not all that well-known, but Boingy enough to be worth a mention here, I think.

5 Likes