Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

The dedicated topic closed but, one last clip that showed up in my news feed is way cool

She was in the audience and invited up on stage, she sang Over The Rainbow with Les Paul.

6 Likes

A wonderful gift on a Sunday evening. Thanks for posting this.

3 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Guess I’m watching Enemy Mine and Neverending Story this week.

12 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
14 Likes

goodbye horses is such an amazing song. it’s sad that she never wound up getting more recognition. also that she didn’t get to live to see the documentary about her life that she was collaborating on. it’s due out next year

11 Likes
9 Likes

She retired a couple years after the movie and was married to the same man for 69 years. That’s cool.

9 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Whenever three or four kids get together with an electric guitar or two, a bass and a drum kit and decide to write their own songs, whether they decide to call themselves the Beatles, the Ramones, Nirvana or something that they’re still arguing about, they are essentially following a template laid down by Jerry Allison and his friends in the city of Lubbock, Texas.

8 Likes

An absolute unsung legend, like so many of the Wrecking Crew who are finally getting acknowledged for their importance in the history of rock music. It’s his guitar that opens Wouldn’t It Be Nice. With his death there’s really not many people from the collective left aside from Carol Kaye and a handful of others.

There’s a great documentary about them called The Wrecking Crew! that’s well worth a watch.

12 Likes

A great movie!

7 Likes

Placing this here, although more as a warning re dangerous alt-med supplements and how especially GOP likes to piss on regulatory agencies.

Condolences to Rep. McClintock.

10 Likes

[…]

A portion of Nichols’ ashes will lift off – along with those of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, his wife and multi-role Star Trek actress Majel Barrett Roddenberry, and James Doohan, who portrayed Enterprise chief engineer Montgomery “Scotty” Scott – sometime later this year.

[…]

13 Likes