Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Not a Hollywood celebrity, but she became famous over here.

11 Likes
16 Likes

Came here to post this too.

That whole cast was so much stronger than it would seem for a sit-com. They were doing it for a reason.

13 Likes

Fuck cancer, no matter who.

8 Likes

The last of Hogan’s Heroes: Robert Clary (1926-2022)

One of the secrets of the success of Hogan’s Heroes during its 6 year run (1965-71) was that some of the cast members were also Holocaust survivors.

Robert Clary, who played Louis LeBeau, was the last of those survivors in the cast, along with Werner Klemperer and John Banner. We are saddened to learn that Robert has passed away at 96.
The Land of Whatever: The last of Hogan's Heroes: Robert Clary (1926-2022)

10 Likes

Another fun fact: Werner Klemperer was the son of Otto Klemperer and Johanna Geisler, and Victor Klemperer was his dad’s cousin. Quite the family!

5 Likes

Fred Brooks Jr. has passed away.

He was the author of The Mythical Man Month, probably the best and most enduring book on software engineering and project management.

I’ll link to Slashdot for old time’s sake…

12 Likes

I’m seeing reports that the author Greg Bear has had a massive stroke, is on life support, and isn’t likely to live past the weekend.

10 Likes

His wife has said that they pulled life support early this morning.

9 Likes

Pretty bad week for 90’s kids

7 Likes
16 Likes

Our daughter was born in 1985, she grew up with the original Power Ranger series. I had to take her to any movies or live appearances. She was a good kid so I didn’t mind.

She’ll be sad.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Well fuck. That is awful

7 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
13 Likes

Erasmo Carlos, 81 years old, brazilian pop singer.

12 Likes

Someone else we’ve not heard of but whose work was critical to modern life…

9 Likes
8 Likes