Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

That’s sad.

5 Likes

Yeah. :dove:

She and Stevie are such different singers that they’re tough to compare, and why bother really, but IMO, Christine was better at it.

7 Likes

And even if you didn’t recognize the voices, you could always tell their songs apart. One, always deeply autobiographical and direct. The other, autobiographical and deeply metaphorical, mystical. Such wonderful, moving, challenging music. Hearing the above version of “Songbird” brings back so many memories.

5 Likes
16 Likes

I was poking around YouTube for video of Irene Cara and Christine McVie and came across this concert.

It’s cued up to the encore but the whole concert is a joy to watch.

I had completely forgot about this song. “Why Me”

Her beginning.

10 Likes
7 Likes

In today’s paper… his politics were as sound as his guitar playing.

9 Likes

Aw… He was great in Orange is the New Black…

10 Likes

Cancer:

14 Likes

This is apparently old news but I just learned about it today, and, fuck.

Anybody who plays video games today owes a lot to her. Her graphic design and direction was crucial for several important early video game series such as Phantasy Star, Sonic the Hedgehog, and many others.

It’s of course also notable that as a woman in game development in the 1980s, she broke a lot of ground for others. Phantasy Star in particular was an early video game with a female protagonist (and an ass-kicking one at that), and she often sought to give female characters prominent roles in other games she was involved with.

16 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

The actual greatest generation.

9 Likes
15 Likes

Dang it, more things from my childhood.

8 Likes

Sesame Street, and especially songs like this, told me it was ok not to be “normal.” That in fact, “not normal” was absolutely just “Gliddy glub gloopy, nibby nabby noopy” fine.

9 Likes
9 Likes
16 Likes

Farewell, Lt. Saavik!

I’ll forgive the scientology this once

13 Likes