Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

I first heard her name on an episode of You Must Remember This.

4 Likes

Name: Aaron Bayley Laigaie
DOB: August 26, 1984

7 Likes

Wouldnā€™t have figured weā€™d lose Yukihiro Takahashi before we lost Ryuichi Sakamoto. 2023 is off to a shitty start. :cry:

10 Likes

Russell Banks, 1940-2023

The novelist Russell Banks died on January 7, 2023. We are publishing this appreciation of his work by Beth Henson that first appeared in Race Traitor #10 (Winter, 1999). Beth does a wonderful job describing Russell Banksā€™s ā€œvoyagesā€ through the discontents of peopleā€™s daily lives. The Hard Crackers editors are especially thankful to Beth for agreeing to let us post her article.

Russell Banks is doing through fiction what the editors of RACE TRAITOR are attempting to do through the pages of the journal: accompany readers on a voyage through whiteness and its discontents.

9 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s sad. I really like his books. I think Iā€™ve read most of his stuff except his poetry, which I should really take the time and read.

(And Henry Kissinger keeps on keeping on. :roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve read several too, lots of empathy for his characters. I should give the John Brown one a go, but I think itā€™s like, 800 pages. Intimidating.

4 Likes

Oh, youā€™ll like it. Although long, itā€™s an easy read (gripping) and it pushed me to read a couple of nonfiction books on John Brown. I also liked the much shorter Book of Jamaica. Overall, I think Banks is great to read because his writing often pairs well with similar subject nonfiction books.

5 Likes

I guess not a celebrity, butā€¦

12 Likes

I have only read one of his books - The Relation of My Imprisonment, which was both very good and so depressing that I never picked up anything else of his

I probably should

4 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

Wow, I kinda canā€™t believe he actually made past 80! Amazing, but still a total bummer. :crying_cat_face:

11 Likes

An interview with David Crosby from 1970:

https://archive.ph/7UhKi

6 Likes
3 Likes

ā€œā€œIn the wild, when they want to depopulate and sterilize a large group of animals, they usually inject one animal, and that one animal infect the rest of the animals,ā€ Silk said, suggesting, without evidence, that the COVID-19 vaccine creates harm. ā€œPeople are dropping dead around here, and nobody is talking about it! They are dropping dead suddenly and unexpectedly.ā€
ā€”-

ā€œā€œAnd another secret about Diamond: She had a boyfriend. Yes, thatā€™s right. And she had a boyfriend, and oh, my God, we would talk about him all of the time,ā€ Ham said. ā€œHis name: President Donald J. Trump. Yes, yes, yes. President Donald J. Trump, that was her boyfriend.ā€ Ham added that Diamondā€™s ā€œside pieceā€ was Mike Lindell.ā€

Itā€™s always nice to include a note of hope in a service.

16 Likes

Took me a moment!

7 Likes

Archive version: archive.ph

That boyfriend stuff, seems insaner even by the standards of the rest of the oration.

5 Likes

Tom Nairn, described as ā€˜godfather of modern Scottish independence movementā€™, dies at 90

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/tom-nairn-described-as-godfather-of-modern-scottish-independence-movement-dies-at-90-3996241

9 Likes

So which is it? She told her followers not to get vaccinated and she got vaccinated and died suddenly or she didnā€™t get vaccinated and died of something else?

If it was that animals in the wild thingy why is the sister still alive?

And then thereā€™s thisā€¦

4 Likes