Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

I posted a new topic about this, so I’ll just link here:

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/kevin-gray-nothing-to-do-with-arbroath-died-last-month/95726?u=chgoliz

3 Likes

I have been enjoying Ren Hang in my IG feed for a few years. He explored sex, sensuality, the body and how people relate to each other in his own distinct visual style. The world is a little less splendid now.

5 Likes

A week ago, but:

While I of course recognize it from some of the famous hip-hop songs, this is the song that zinged into my head once I heard the loop. Had no idea it was sampled.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I hadn’t heard about that one :cry:

I have listened to “I Am Stretched On Your Grave” so many times. When that album came out I played it over and over and over again.

6 Likes

It is a great song. As was almost all of her stuff up to that point. In fact I always thought Nothing Compares 2 U was the least interesting song on either of her first two albums.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Well, this sucks.

20 Likes

“Game over, dude. Game over.”

8 Likes

Man. Game over man.

But yeah, :slightly_frowning_face:

11 Likes

Yes it does. Much sadness

7 Likes

Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

And also he directed and was in the “Fish Heads” video, which I somehow never knew until I was looking at Twitter and somebody tweeted it. And then I thought, “Waaaaitaminute, why is everybody talking about Bill Paxton?” :cry:

12 Likes

Mag the Mighty actor Neil Fingleton has died:

12 Likes

I didn’t think I could like him any more but this…words fail me.

10 Likes

He made everything he was in better. “The Dark Backward”, “Trespass” and “One False Move” spring to mind. It was a treat to see him pop up in “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” recently.

7 Likes

Huh, not, apparently, the 7’+ scotsman who came to play basketball at the US university where my father taught…

4 Likes

Oh man, I had forgotten that one. Great movie.

3 Likes
10 Likes

His court is now adjourned.

12 Likes