Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

I had to explain to my kids that Chuck Berry was the guy on the other end of the phone with Marvin.

10 Likes

Bob Robertson, who with Linda Cullen originated “Double Exposure” satire program on CBC Radio in 1987, and later took it to CTV Television Network, died at age 71. My family loved to hear his imitations of former Prime Ministers Jean Chrétien, John Turner and Joe Clark.

5 Likes

I had a Facebook friend who posted that she died and I had never heard of her. I’m gonna try that dumb mac n cheese. Looks really good and easy.

Parenting fail.

I would argue that my daughter (when she was 8) caught several inconsistencies in the Back to the Future trilogy that I never picked up on.

7 Likes

They had surprising staying power. My daughter loved them too.

2 Likes

The Thai Turtle That Ate Hundreds Of Coins Has Died…

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/21/520954872/the-thai-turtle-that-ate-hundreds-of-coins-has-died

2 Likes

For a few years now I haven’t been able to think of Martin McGuinness without remembering he was a fan of the English Cricket team, despite wanting independence from the UK.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Never send to know for whom the gong tolls?

Two Chucks in a week?

6 Likes

Little known fact – Voyager’s golden record was a tribute to Chuck Barris.

5 Likes

Someone give Chuck D a call, make sure he’s OK.

15 Likes

“Gong Show” creator Chuck Barris dies at 87 at home in New York.

7 Likes

Ahhhhh !

Chuck Barris is the reason I came to Boing so early; to note his death but you beat me…

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/22/521056378/game-show-creator-and-gong-show-host-chuck-barris-dies-at-87

5 Likes

Had to happen someday. Wonder if there was even a grain of truth in his CIA agent claims?

6 Likes
5 Likes

The unknown comic will be flying at half mast today.

13 Likes
8 Likes

I lost all my TO penpals last year for sharing this with them:

Yeah, mon! Celebration will be at Steak Queen, right? BYOB?

4 Likes