Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

4 Likes

No. The band broke up because of other reasons that had little to do with Yoko Ono.

8 Likes

Should we start a thread?

6 Likes
1 Like

Oh man, I am just catching up on her videos. These are great. I’m going to make her Dumb Good Mac and Cheese tomorrow night - add some ham in there. But I caught her cornbread recipe and am thinking, why the hell not do a little of that, too? Growing up in the South, I miss people who could cook like this. So glad that her nephews got the camera on her and recorded how she cooked all these things because - dude, there are NO RECIPES because she can cook!

6 Likes

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2017/03/23/former-boston-drummer-sib-hashian-has-died/it9O69vM80SZaO8mjjqbCL/story.html

3 Likes

Not a celebrity, but I have just found out one of my local city councillors has died.

He was one of the exceptions to my “don’t vote Labour” rule, the other being the Southwards in Carlisle. Oh, and Jeremy Corbyn too, but I’m regretting that one.

6 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes
15 Likes

Ah man, not Mr K.

He struck me as a consummate geek and tinkerer. I think he would have fit in here.

9 Likes

8 Likes
7 Likes

Edit-
Turns out the Beeb were wrong, and he’s alive but ill. That’s a cockup from the people that kicked him out of a job a few months ago.

6 Likes

Back in 2009 Studio 360 held a “Redesign the Rainbow” contest, asking listeners to reimagine the rainbow flag. That stuck with me because I didn’t–and still don’t–think it necessary.

Although I do like this variation.

8 Likes

Don Rickles, dead at 90, from kidney failure
Mr. Warmth is now Mr. Coolth

(@TobinL there will be joy in Mudville tonight: the mighty CSL has struck.)

11 Likes

Hail and farewell Mr. Rickles.

12 Likes

Time to dig out Kelly’s Heroes again.

And he was on one of my draft deadpool lists, dammit.

7 Likes

[quote=“daneel, post:520, topic:75726”]
Time to dig out Kelly’s Heroes again.
[/quote] He was so fun in that!

He’s on my kid’s deadpool list. And now removed from my 2018 possibility sheet.

6 Likes