Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

God damnit. I just read that Richard Lyons of Negativland died last month. That makes 3 members this year. Fucking hell.

ETA: Looks like @Space_Monkey posted about this in <a href=https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/fuck-today/67518/911?u=ficuswhisperer>Fuck Today. I must have missed it with all of the other shittyness of Prince also dying that day.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Muhammad Ali RIP

12 Likes

Oh, I was hoping heā€™d pull through. This is sad news. :sob:

ā€œFloat like a butterfly, sting like a beeā€ indeed.

4 Likes

Peter Shaffer, playwright, the writer of Amadeus.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve shown the movie to high school students, and they love it. The writing is timeless.

3 Likes

Equss as well. That was some dark S*** , but well written.

2 Likes

Today most orchestras are just 1700s and 1800s cover bands.

14 Likes

The hockey fans will be in mourning today. Gordie Howe at 88.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-gordie-howe-obit-20160610-snap-story.html

7 Likes

NOoooooooOOOOOoooo!!!11!!!1

Rest in peace, Mr. Hockey.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll always remember his ā€œappearanceā€ on The Simpsons.

4 Likes

Howe was one of my go-to dead-or-canadian clues.

1 Like

Penelope Pitstop and Judy Jetson.

8 Likes

96!? Nice.

1 Like

Anton Yelchin - new Chekov, died in a car crash

8 Likes

Oh my god. This is awful and makes me very sad. He was so young, and a man who successfully navigated Hollywood from his wee early years.

Hereā€™s thinking of you, Anton.

ETA: We just finished watching Star Trek: the Voyage Home when I saw @daneelā€™s post. Bizarrely, we watched Along Came a Spider yesterday, his fifth or sixth credit. He was so cute.

8 Likes

Man. Fucking sad. He was great in Odd Thomas, which I watched based solely on the fact that he was in it. I was looking forward to more good things from him.

7 Likes

Not a real person, but damn it; I will miss the character of Vanessa Ives.

3 Likes

Spoiler alert, @Melizmatic!?!

:wink:

Actually, I donā€™t know who she is but I suspect itā€™s a character from Penny Dreadful? I only know that Vesper Lynd/AngĆ©lique Bouchard is in this show.

1 Like

If itā€™s a ā€œspoiler,ā€ then Iā€™m afraid one might want to avoid the entirety of the internet.

:sob:

Damn, I saw Dark Shadows and didnā€™t even recall that Eva Green was in it; mustā€™ve blocked it out.

2 Likes