Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

May he finally rest in peace. May his surviving family find peace. Alzheimer’s is a terrible way to go for the deceased and the survivors.

5 Likes

A farewell…

2 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t care that he is not a celebrity, Bernard Kenny deserves to be remembered for trying to save Jo Cox’s life.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-5265-Hero-who-tried-to-protect-Jo-Cox-from-killer-dies-at-79

14 Likes
5 Likes

RIP Jerry

8 Likes

Dick Gregory:

15 Likes

I wonder if he’ll start getting some respect as a filmmaker now.

2 Likes

Flavin! 

1 Like

:cry:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Mireille Darc. Also, Jeanne Moreau (last month, but somehow not mentioned here; how did that happen?). Two wonderful French actresses.

7 Likes
2 Likes

I’m astounded that he was only 67. Somehow they always seemed old.

10 Likes

Odd, I was just playing some Steely Dan a couple nights ago. Hadn’t listened to them for ages.

3 Likes

Another pioneer of modern standup.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/01/547974050/comic-shelley-berman-dies-at-92

5 Likes

You can only choose one. If your favorite is something like Rikki, suck it up or make your own poll.

• My Old School
  • Hey Nineteen
  • Any Major Dude
  • FM (No static at all)

0 voters

2 Likes
2 Likes

It was a long time before I could tolerate Steely Dan, much less enjoy them. I’ve posted here before about being in elementary school, around the time Gaucho came out, and we had a very irascible gym teacher who made us line dance to “Peg” and “Hey Nineteen.” I could not hear Steely Dan without imagining her going apoplectic, ranting raving and shrieking (at all of us) over some perceived infraction (committed – or not – by one of us). When I found out what “Steely Dan” meant it raised them in my estimation some, but it wasn’t until I was listening to large doses of both jazz and R&B that I liked their music at all. They’ve since become one of my favorites.

9 Likes

Something surreal about that I think they’d appreciate.

I can’t hear Eddie Money’s “Two Tickets to Paradise” without reflexively jerking into jumping jacks.

3 Likes