Dick Van Dyke breaks out in song to surprised Denny's diners

You know it will be in the same week as Betty White, too. Why? Because fuck us is why.

15 Likes

Just saying it right now. If we have to lose Betty White and Dick Van Dyke both on the same day of Tuesday November 8th…but as a result Trump loses big time…I can accept it.

The greater good.

5 Likes
8 Likes

That’s sweet.

2 Likes

I loved the book, and loved the music in film and the flying sequences, but the film itself was far too dark and disturbing - a real departure from what Fleming wrote.

3 Likes

The world ended when Lester Bangs died.

We’re just stuck in a 5th-dimensional hologram of the Black Iron Prison.

Watch out for the Pink Lasers.

6 Likes

Oh, you said Lasers. Never mind.

12 Likes

That was awesome. What was even more awesome is that Dick Van Dyke eats at Denny’s. What wasn’t awesome was that so many felt the need to video it. Sometimes, you should just kick back and enjoy awesomeness without having to share (or prove how more awesome your life is to others than theirs).

3 Likes

You got that right. I saw him on a late night show a month or two ago, the guy is rocking it. He’s quite inspirational.

6 Likes

According to Night At The Museum his secret is spending years working in the proximity of a mystical life-giving artifact.

4 Likes

But Denny’s?

2 Likes

Dude…he’s 90. Denny’s is like starbucks to 90 year olds

12 Likes

Wow, we’re on Boing Boing! I’ve been reading this site forever but never thought I’d see myself on it.

We’ve been singing together for over sixteen years, and do most of our rehearsing around the dining room table at Dick’s house, so this little performance was about as natural as anything for us to do.

And as a matter of fact, I first met Dick in a Starbucks, which led to the formation of The Vantastix back in 2000.

27 Likes

Surely not that bad.

4 Likes

When I’m 90, I hope I’m cool enough to have my own a cappella entourage.

10 Likes

Starbucks is like Starbucks to a 90 year old!

4 Likes

Someone please tell me this wasn’t sponsored or otherwise AstroTurfed by Denny’s.

That’s the world I want to live in. The one where this can really happen spontaneously.

3 Likes

In my day Denny’s was Starbucks. But with free refills on coffee and less variety in the milkshakes. Also they were called “milkshakes” and not aardvarkaccinos or whatever you kids do today.

Now get off my lawn!

8 Likes

Personally, I have never accepted the word “barista” into my lexicon.

4 Likes

Good idea. They’re more expensive than standard lawyers.

5 Likes