Disney+'s space people with ambiguous helmet rules go on another cameo-laden fetch quest

i think the moral of the story here is: see what happens when you hang out in bars?

( interestingly, the entire arc of andor is kicked off with that very same warning. :thinking: )

i would have been asking for proof. nobody batted an eye they’d been to mandalore, the uninhabitable death planet that nobody visits? thank the mythsanthrosaur nobody yelled out “fake news!” or there’d have been real trouble.

peacock feathers and all. ( i want that dress! )

4 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize (1)

3 Likes

The other thing which I liked was the symmetry between The Resistor and the Mos Eisley Cantina.

3 Likes

I found this episode perfectly fun, in a fairly typical Mandalorian way. The guest appearances don’t bother me because they’ve had these guest appearances since season one. Carl Weathers keeps showing up as Greef Karga. Werner Herzog - THE Werner Herzog for goodness sake! - is in the very first episode of the series. Nick Nolte as Kuiil in season one, which this episode heavily called back to (which I absolutely loved). Taika Waititi as the droid assassin turned babysitter. Timothy Olyphant as the awesome sheriff (and they done him dirty, he was fantastic in that role).

No, the guest appearances are fine, there was just more of them this week. And the plot was pretty bog standard Mando. Not quite a episodic entry because long-term plot threads finally paid off, but yeah it’s a “fetch quest” which Mando is known for. Still fun, and I loved the new setting. I’ve had far too much of the “desert world” planet known as “home of the Skywalkers.”

So, I had to think… what was upsetting some fans so much?

Then Lizzo floated onto the screen. Ah, yes, a famous black woman that the racists despise for having dared touch a flute once that really set them off. How dare she touch special flute! Does she not know that hip hopping big black women are not allowed to touch special crystal flutes who belonged to old famous white slave owning man? How Dare!

7 Likes

Saoirse Ronan Bingo GIF by A24

Thanks to recent investigative reporting, we now know the “gamergate” misogynists are the same violent asshats racists as the so-called Proud Boys. Lizzo was divisive to this lot even before offending them with a not-at-all-magic flute.

6 Likes

Clone Wars did an arc on that. Unfortunately, I think it was one of those Jar Jar ones

3 Likes

Not to mention the pages and pages in the Talmud on the topic

2 Likes

Jason, I will admit I allowed my own internal biases, mostly regarding your name, to convince me you’d been raised Jewish. To me, the fact that the helmet-optional space people have their OWN weird hangup that is not shared by the helmet-purist space people is a huge source of verisimilitude. It’s the two Conservative synagogues across the street from each other each of whose members will never be caught dead in the other one.

“Oh, you think you can somehow keep kosher AND eat bacon at the same time?” “Yeah I’m not taking advice from someone who gives the first aliyah to someone whose Cohen-lineage is patrilineal”

3 Likes

It was only a matter of time before the Mandalorian encountered the Man in the Delorian.

5 Likes

What about Reformed?

5 Likes

Even with all the vfx, it’s reassuring (based on his recently released Peaches video) that Jack Black’s facial hair is authentic.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.