Don't agree to do record-breaking tricks on Chinese TV. Just don't

Surely when it comes to ripping people off in film (rather than TV), Hollywood has the rest of the world beat?

You made me read the entire thing! Damn you! :confounded:

It was as interesting as it was thrilling though… :grin:

2 Likes

I think that he’s too well connected to have to worry about that.

1 Like

Jesus Christ China.

Neither do I, but maybe if his Visa were revoked he would be Breaking The Law until he left, and so subject to arrest? Or he just wasn’t sure either and didn’t want to risk it. Personally I would have wanted to go to (or check with) the nearest consulate/embassy before going to the airport, if I could, but if not leaving ASAP seems like a good plan.

I would love to see one of those teachers announce to the class and the recording exactly what happened, explain they don’t do work they didn’t contract for or cave in to that kind of pressure, and walk off stage.

1 Like

I agree - do note that Manifest Destiny is a historical American concept.

2 Likes

Yeah, but isn’t he also ex SAS? Few qualms. But abs agree hurting animals is barbaric

Yeah, US has the opposite: overblown superiority complex + sneaking suspicion its manifest destiny (in the general sense that Dubya explicitly invoked) is about up anyhow.

1 Like

Well, sure. The German concept of Lebensraum is the same thing. And then there’s…

“I had the great good fortune to live in Japan for about 8 or 9 months, back in the mid 80s. Being a Brit, it was a delightful pleasure to return to the traditional values that served the British Empire well - misogyny, rampant xenophobia, a hierarchical class system beyond belief and a blind obedience to ill-deserved authority.”

• Spike Young
6 Likes

He isn’t exactly SAS in the sense he lets people believe. He was in the Territorial Army. It’s like the post Ww2 Dad’s Army. He passed the SAS course but wasn’t a full-time soldier and would not have been deployed to do ‘SAS stuff’.

3 Likes

Aha. I fell for the advertising hook!

Matt Ricardo

3 Likes

Then how do you release sexual miasmas and balance humours?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.