Drought exposes village long-submerged by dam

Originally published at: Drough exposes village long-submerged by dam | Boing Boing

5 Likes

So that’s where that went, glad we found it.

8 Likes

How now, Brown Drough?

3 Likes

I liked “Drough” better and was imagining a Lovecraftian creature.

3 Likes

Did someone leave the water running on that triangle shaped bath? fountain? What is that water bill gonna be?

2 Likes

The sad irony of this depleted reservoir and its magical spout, no way in hell it’s going to fill it back up.

Anyone who has read The Fisherman by John Langan knows you should stay the hell away…

I seem to remember a British (?) movie where a crime was committed in a village that was about to be flooded to create a reservoir. Years later the water level dropped exposing the village and the crime.

Anyone?

1 Like

That sounds very similar to this movie, but I don’t recall any crime being covered up by the flooding…

I saw it in the theaters many years ago and it struck me because it was the only film that I had ever seen that was a Romance (in the sense that the term is used to describe the literary movement of the mid-nineteenth century).

1 Like

Reminds me of similar plot devices in Deliverance and O Brother, Where Art Thou?

1 Like

Maybe?

I don’t think Northfork has any crime/coverup aspect but just takes place in a town that’s going to be flooded. I really liked that film though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.